Episode 1: A Fourth Kid

A young baby boy sat in the back seat of a police car. The kid who couldn't be older than five years old stared outside. He lazily watched the buildings and signs pass by.

Apparently, his mom didn't want him anywhere near the dangerous equipment she was unpacking. So he was stuck here with his father who was on his first day as a police officer. His first assignment was to drive around the city and learn its layout.

Suddenly the police car pulled over. "Looks like the kids are out at the park. You should go out and meet some of them." Henry the police officer suggested.

"But what if they don't like me?" Drake asked nervously.

"If they don't like you, then you'll find some other kids who do. Now go on and have fun. I'm sure you'll make a friend." Henry said, getting out and walking over to the door where Drake sat.

"Yes dad." Drake said, jumping out of the car.

Henry went back to the driver seat. "I'll be back later today to pick you up. Have fun."

"Bye dad!" Drake waved goodbye as the police car drove away.

Drake looked around the playground unsure of where to start or who to talk to. The other kids looked to be having fun doing their own things. Drake walked around the playground, not knowing what he was going to do.

That was when he came across two boys kicking a soccer ball. They passed it to each other. It looked fun so Drake went up to them. "Hey, mind if I join?"

"Sure." one of the boys replied.

Drake took his position near the two boys and watched as they kicked the ball to each other. They kicked, and kicked. Minutes went by and they never passed the ball to Drake. He kept waiting and started to get bored. Then he simply left without a word and he was pretty sure they didn't notice him leaving.

At another section of the park, three girls were sitting at a small sandbox. Together they were building a sand castle.

Anne was creating the foundation and clearing up the sand. Sasha was building the walls and structures. Marcy was shaping the battlements. The three girls each added their own personal touches to the castle.

As they were playing, Anne noticed a young boy sitting alone at a bench. He was staring at the ground.

Anne wasn't sure what drove her to speak to him. A part of her was curious and perhaps she felt bad for him. Regardless, she got out of the sandbox and stopped in front of the boy.

"Hey, you wanna come play in the sandbox with us?" Anne invited him.

The young boy looked up a little confused that she was talking to him. "Huh? Uhh... yeah..."

Anne giggled. "Well let's go."

Anne led the young boy to the sandbox. When Sasha and Marcy saw him, they both gave a friendly smile.

"So what's your name? My name is Marcy."

"I'm Drake." the young boy said shyly.

"It's nice to meet you Drake. I am Sasha."

"And I'm Anne. Do you wanna be friends?"

Drake smiled. "Yeah, I'd like that."

The kids continued playing in the sandbox for hours. Drake added his own personal touch to the sandcastle. He built tiny sand props and placed them in specific locations all around the area.

There was a loud voice and Drake could see a police car near the park. "Drake, it's time to come home."

"My dad's here. I have to go." Drake stood up.

"Bye!"

"Hope to see you soon!"

"See you later!"

Drake walked to the police car and sat in the backseat.

"How was your day?" Drake's father Henry asked.

"I made some friends today." Drake smiled.

"That's good. Mom is done unpacking. It's time for you to see your room." Henry drove off.

Little did Drake know, this was the beginning of a long friendship. One that would go on to define his childhood.

Author's Note

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this short story. This is going to be told as a series of episodes that are loosely connected with each other. Uploads for this story are going to be a lot more flexible but likely slower. I'm hoping for at least one chapter a month.

It's set in the alternate universe that is "Another Friend in Amphibia." If you enjoyed Drake Cohen from my other story, then I'm sure you'll like this one too. Consider this as the chronological beginning of the Drake Cohen saga.

This episode was about Drake meeting the Calamity Trio but as the series progresses and starts to mature, we're going to see more hijinks involving him and his interactions with the trio. Later on, we're definitely going to see Drake's interactions and relationship with the trio. Hope you all stay tuned for that.