Episode 3: Heartstomper

A band of performers were playing rock music. As the song came to a close, they jumped and freezed in the air.

As the episode ended the four audience members were smiling at the television screen. One of the kids grabbed the remote and started flipping through the other recorded episodes.

"I just got a great idea. We should totally start our own band." Anne suddenly suggested.

The three other kids looked at her, a little surprised at the sudden suggestion. "Our own band?" Sasha repeated.

"Yeah, our own band." Anne confirmed.

"But there's only four of us." Drake said.

"Come on guys. I know we can do it." Anne encouraged them.

"We will need a place to meet up and practice though." Marcy said.

"We could practice at my house. It's a pretty big garage." Sasha said.

"Yeah, let's meet up tomorrow." Anne said.

"Wait, what about instruments?" Drake asked.

"Don't worry about that. My house has a place where we can borrow some." Sasha explained.

The four kids went home for the night. Each of them thought about what it would be like, to be in a garage band together. In the morning, the four kids were preparing to meet up.

"Hey mom! I'm going to Sasha's house today." Drake said. He had told her the night before about his plans to join the band.

Drake's mother, Natalie Cohen was washing the dishes. She stopped to wave goodbye. "Bye Drake! I packed your lunchbox! Make sure you're back home before dinner!"

"Thanks mom!" Drake grabbed his lunchbox and went out the front door.

He met up with Anne and Marcy outside a large walled off house. Judging by the neighborhood, mainly the wealthy lived here. The gates swung open revealing the path to the house where two cars sat outside. At the edge of the path stood bushes. To the left was a garden with a gazebo and a fountain.

Sasha stood right behind the gate ready to greet her friends. "Hey guys, great to see you. You ready to get started?"

"Your house is a lot bigger than I expected." Marcy commented.

Sasha rubbed the back of her head. "Yeah, it's something alright. Anyway, let's go. The garage is ready."

Sasha led the group towards her home. The garage was open revealing a large open space that looked like it could fit at least three cars. To one side was a rack full of mostly gardening equipment. On the other side were a set of speakers connected to an outlet.

"Oh wow. This is pretty cool Sasha." Anne said.

Sasha smiled. "I'm glad you like it, now come on. Let's go get our instruments."

Sasha opened the door that connected the garage to the rest of the house. The building itself was massive and it looked as though the others would get lost if they didn't have Sasha acting as a guide. She led her friends to one of the rooms in the house. There was one of every known instrument on display.

"Ooh..." Marcy walked to each instrument.

"If you find something you like. Just go ahead and take it. I already made my choice," Sasha grabbed a guitar that had been put off to the side.

Anne, Marcy and Drake browsed the selection. "What do you think we need?" Drake asked.

"The instruments are a very important choice. That determines what kinds of songs we can play. Most bands have a drummer which dictates the beat so I could do that," Marcy suggested.