A miserable god and a human

(Zaina's past life no 1)
Story of how it all started

An orphan,a beggar,a thief and a disgusting pest...these are all the names people call me from.

Did I kill my parents? No ofcourse not but the people say I'm a bad luck ,a tragedy that fell upon my parents.

A result of their past sins

They say that I must have committed a lot of sins in my past life to be born this miserable.

They look at me with disgust and hate for what I am . I'm a shabby ,dirty, and weak human,no not a human an 'animal '

I can't afford a two times meal,I live off the thrown food, which I find from the ground , I sometimes even steal food from the dogs, it's actually somewhat fun competing with the dogs for food, I think I actually made friends with one.

I named him lucky

He seems to be the only luck I have anyways

As for where I live? Nowhere actually I'm sort of a Vagabond. I sleep where I can and then search for food.

I sometimes do labour to earn money for a sahukar ( merchant) but he always says he will give it later and if I try to argue he kicks me out. I really want my money but if I insist too much he might not even give me a roti.

The king of our kingdom is called the benevolent gracious one but my situation makes me resent him.

My dad was the royal advisor for him, when my mom got pregnant the king sent his royal priest to our house for blessings.

But when the priest saw my mom ,he almost fainted with despair.

He said that my mother was going to give birth to a monster who would bring ruin to this kingdom. I would be the reason why everyone would die.

My mom and dad didn't believe in this at all,they loved me and tried to reason with the priest. But the priest didn't understand,he told the king that I would be the reason for his demise and the kingdom's.

The king was a religious man and the royal priest was like a messenger of God to him,he ordered the execution of my mother.

My dad rebelled to protect us..

But was executed for treason

But before dying he had helped mom to run away to her mother in law's house , which was located on the outskirts of the kingdom..my mom gave birth to me there.

She was struck with grief but she saw hope in me.

She loved me for a day,a whole day

And then she burned to her death

The king's men had found us and setted our house on fire.

My dadi died but my mom in her last moments managed to get me out of there.her burns were severe.

She walked with me in her arms for a meter before she collapsed and died.

I don't know what her last words were

Did she regret saving me?

I would never know

After that I think someone found us , I don't really remember clearly but all I know is that from that moment on I was sold to slavery

I worked and worked

Because I didn't know anything else

I was never shown or given love and frankly I didn't care about that..