The truth can be different

[Ran's Pov]

As gross as it is, I still lick her head. I'm not some witch who can heal with a touch,if I want to heal someone I have to do it more grossly.

As I lick her forehead, I can't help but feel pity for the idiot. The cut across her head is massive and no matter how much I try to heal it, I don't think this scar will ever leave. Her forehead is now permanently scarred. It will be hard to live with this. Her memories are a mess,she has been compelled so many times that now the memories are breaking apart.

It's harming her physically, I'm scared that if it happens next time she won't be able to survive.

Just who are you Zaina?

And why are your memories being surpressed so much? Why do I feel an other worldly energy from you?

Why do you always have to be in pain when I find you? I couldn't help but caress your face. Why does it hurt my heart seeing you like this..? Is it because of the contract? Or am I -

No that's not important right now

Focus,focus

[Third Pov]

As Ran is licking her forehead again, the door slams open and there stood Damon and Stefan.

"It's not what it looks like" Ran says already feeling the oncoming headache.

And he was pushed off Zaina , grabbed by the throat and pinned to the wall by Damon. While Stefan cradles Zainas unconscious body in his lap.

"Who the fuck are you!?" Damon yells at Ran ,who could only stare back at him unamused.

Without batting an eyelash,Ran simply breaks off Damon's arm choking him,Ran's eye light with a bloody red mist that could only be described as dangerous.

Damon shouts in pain and before he had a chance to attack,Ran had already snapped his neck, Stefan who was cradling Zaina, gently puts her down. He lunges at Ran,ready to rip his neck off.

But Ran was faster,He snapped Stefan's neck .

Ran sighs, running a hand through his hair.

"Pests"

Then he goes back to Zaina's side ,he picks her unconscious body in his arms,unsure what to do next.

Should he run away with her? But if he does where will he run off to? He doesn't have anyone and if he doesn't, should he just let her live with people as dangerous as Viraj and Klaus?

He's no match for Viraj or Klaus's strength.

He's not strong enough to protect her from them, then what can he do? Moreover she doesn't even remember him!

He could hear the footsteps approaching.

Klaus was coming

Fuck! Fuck!

Ran quickly puts Zaina on the hospital bed,grabs Stefan and Damon and jumps out the window.

He crash lands on the ground with Damon and Stefan still in his arms,he decides to throw them in the nearby dustbin and hide in the hospital's lower floor.