𝐯𝐢. we'll be alright

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

insta

saranicks has posted to her story!

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

irl

"Lord what will become of me, once I've lost my novelty." Sara sang softly, strumming her guitar as she sat on the floor of the patio, still in her white pj set with her a mess of blonde curls. "I've had too much to drink tonight, and I know it's sad, but this is what I think about..."

She stopped for a moment, huffing in frustration as her guitar twanged a off key note that wrecked the song. She had woken up that morning and practically ran to her guitar, a song on the tip of her tongue. But it's harder than you'd think to put so much of yourself into a song like that.

"That sounded beautiful."

Looking up, she saw Harry leaning against the sliding door with his arms crossed as he watched her with a tired smile.

"Did I wake you?" Sara asked, furrowing her brows lightly but Harry shook his head.

"If I could wake up to something as beautiful as whatever you were singing, I would always be happy." He said, sitting beside her on the floor, squinting lightly at the sun. "What's it called?"

"Nothing new." She said, sighing. "It's about... well that doesn't matter, I was thinking it could be something I could do with boy genius."

"No don't tease me." Harry said, playfully raising his brow at her. "What's it about?"

Sara looked at him, seeing the sincerity in his eyes and rolling her eyes sarcastically at him.

"It's about... wondering whether or not anyone wants to hear what you have to say." She said but Harry still urged her to go on, seeing there was clearly more. "When I first released my album, it was about having fun and being in love with everything and I still want that but I have so much more to say now but do they even want to hear it? And all the backlash from that album of just being a 'blonde for brains' pop star who just wanted to date and have fun hurt me. Because at that point of my life that is what I wanted to do. So it hurt when people used to it against me. It hurt a lot."

Harry studied her face for a moment before gently taking the guitar from where it lay on her lap.

"I think it's my turn to play you a song, love." He said, positioning his fingers as he situated the guitar on his own lap. "It's called 'Fine Line.'"

Sara nodded, moving to sit beside Harry as he began to pluck out each note, the music filling the early morning Yosemite air.

"Put a price on emotion, I'm looking for something to buy..."

While Harry sang, Sara was transported. For the first time in a very long time, it was so peaceful in her life. Once he sang the first 'we'll be alright' of the outro, she lay her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes.

Maybe they will be alright.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.