36: It is not Christmas without YOU!

BEYONCE

3 days Before Christmas:

I flew to Houston. My mom arrived an hour after me with my kids from Boston, then my dad then Solange and Alan with their two kids.

Truth looked depressed.
I watched him in the backyard walking around sadly without his phone or headset. My heart broke.
"He misses his mom. Christmas won't be the same for your kids this year" my mom said.

"I will go talk to him," I said opening the back door. "Honey, don't waste your breath he hates you," my mom said. "No, he doesn't" I lamented. My mom just looked at me with sad eyes.

I went outside and approached my son. He looked at me. "Hey pal"

"What?" he snapped. I raised an eyebrow. He looked at me and sighed. "I just wanna be left alone" he snapped. That wasn't better either. "Please Beyonce leave me alone or take me home to my mom"

What the...!

"Truth!" I yelled. He ran away. "Oh my gosh!" I felt frustrated. My sweet boy turned into a monster.

As if that was bad enough for me. I went inside.

And heard him yell "I hate her. I wanna go home to my mother. I hate her. I hate her" he yelled crying and running to the back.

Everybody turned and looked at me. I was speechless.

My dad looked at me with an irritated face and marched after my son. Everybody blamed me. It hurt.

Blue ran after my dad. Oh God, not my little girl too. "You sure know how to clear the room" my mom muttered joining them.
I looked at Solange for backup. She looked away.

Her kids walked out of the room too.
"I can call her to join us," Solange said. "It would make the kids happy" she added.

"I--"
"Okay," I mumbled.

Solange made a call. Alan walked over and rubbed my shoulders.

"It's okay" he muttered. My tears ran out.

Solange's phone was on speaker.
On call
Y/n: No!
Solange: oh damn girl. You don't even know what I was gonna say.
Y/n: I do and no I'm not coming to spend Christmas with y'all. I made a tradition of my own. Drink my lungs out and sleep around. So stop calling me unless is about my kids.
Solange: they ain't okay Y/n hence I'm calling.
Y/n: they will be okay. They are better there with family than here with an angry mother. Give them a day or two. They will be okay
Solange: we all miss you.
Y/n: (she laughed hysterically) All huh? Please. I have to go.

She hung up.

Solange looked at me. "She hates the whole family," she said.

"I know the person who can drag Y/n out here. Your dad." Alan said

"That's true baby. I will ask him" Solange said and walked away

that night dinner was sad and quiet. my dad refused to call Y/n. "none of my business" his words.

Truth didn't touch his food.
Blue pulled out her phone. "cuddles, no phones allowed on the dinner table" I told her. She ignored me and made a call.

on her call: we all looked at her
blue: Mom, Truth doesn't wanna eat.

she then handed her brother the phone
"Mom wanna talk to you," she told him
he took the phone and walked away

"little snitch" my dad joked with Blue. "Grandpa stop!," Blue said giggling.

a little laughter on the table then back to frowny faces.
after dinner.