Chapter 4

4.1

"I can't believe we met again this soon, Ayanokouji-kun."

Kiyotaka was certainly surprised to see a certain silver-haired girl standing a few meters in front of him, just before he could head inside the library. From the looks of things, it seems like both students were planning to enter the place together.

A big smile formed on the girl's face as soon as she saw him, which was enough to show that she was very delighted to cross paths with her friend once again.

"Is it weird to say that I was actually looking forward to seeing you again, Shiina?" he asked rhetorically.

It was actually the reason why he was here.

Three days after their first meeting in this place, Kiyotaka remembered Hiyori's words about her being normally at the library after classes and if he ever wanted to read novela with her again, that's where he could find her.

Since he was free for the rest of the afternoon and he wasn't feeling tired, the young man thought of visiting the library to see if he could join her for another reading session.

And he was incredibly lucky to see the person he's looking for before even stepping inside of the library.

"Not at all. I was looking forward to seeing you too, Ayanokouji-kun. I thought I wouldn't be able to see you for at least a few weeks," she smiled.

"A few weeks? That's too much, don't you think?" he asked, finding it strange how she thought that they wouldn't even meet for several weeks. "After you told me that you're mostly at the library whenever classes are over, it was already in my mind to go here whenever I don't have anything to do."

"I'm glad you remembered me, then."

"You're speaking as if I would forget you so easily. Were you worried that I'd forget you, Shiina?"

"Maybe," she chuckled. "Come on then, there's no time to waste, Ayanokouji-kun!"

"Woah, Shiina, calm down..."

With a big smile on her face, Hiyori rushed over to hug her friend's arm, taking him by surprise. Without, Kiyotaka felt himself getting dragged by the girl as they entered the library together.

After setting down their bags at an empty table near the windows, the two teenagers headed towards the Mystery section to pick out several books for them to read.

Kiyotaka took the remaining books in the Lord Peter series that he hasn't read yet, while Hiyori picked out a few underrated titles that her friend recommended to her a few days ago. Some of them include 'The House We Grew Up In', 'Lightseekers', and 'The Wicked Sister'.

As the two walked back to their table while holding their chosen books, Ayanokouji took a glance at the girl with him, who has been smiling ever since she stepped into the library with him.

Was she seriously this happy just because he was here with her?

"The last time we saw each other was three days ago, and that was only our first meeting. Did you become attached to me in no time at all?" asked Kiyotaka in a teasing manner, or at least he tried to.

He didn't have a lot of options with his usual emotionless tone, after all.

Fortunately, it seemed like Hiyori understood what he was implying and simply covered her mouth to stifle her giggles.

They were in a library now, after all.

"Would it be wrong if I said yes?" Shiina teased back, a mischievous glint appearing in her eyes.