Chapter 37: Revelations of Freed

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

N O W P L A Y I N G

» [ The Vivace Strings - Song Jin Seok, Hwang Seung Pil ] «

0:01 ─〇──────── 2:10

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

───── ❝ R U B Y F R I D A Y ' S P O V ❞ ────

║ Gregorian Calendar ║ 01 - 18 - 2027 ║

║ Monday║ Class Day║

"Just what vivace strings you all pulled to help me succeed in my grisly dare?"

My voice echoed through the room as I glared at Killian, Leo, and Maeve in front of me.

The shadows danced in the warm light of the day, casting their ominous forms across the room. I stared at their faces, searching for any sign of emotions, but found only blank innocence staring back. Their expressions remained neutral, yet a slight tension hung in the air. 

My hands curled into fists as questions swirled in my mind. 

What dark secrets had they kept from me all this time? 

What vile tricks and manipulations had they employed to aid my sinister cause?

Those question burned within me, demanding an answer that they remained reluctant to provide. Suspicion crept into my thoughts, dimming the warmth of our friendship and filling the silence with unease.

Damn, I knew they had aided my success, but the means through which they achieved it still remained a mystery. Part of me was grateful for their assistance, yet another part wondered at what cost this help had come and if their intentions were truly altruistic. 

Yet before my emotions could flood my whole system and thoughts, Leo suddenly raised his pinky finger, which was now covered in blood stained bandage. That view disrupted the never ending saga of queries swarming within me, and I can't help but to perked up my eyebrows, my lips still processing on what should I do nor say, "W-wait, I thought... I thought Killian was the one who was injured..."

The blood-stained bandage sent an uneasy feeling through me. Something wasn't right. I had always suspected there were details they kept hidden from me, favors granted with strings attached. But seeing the physical evidence of their mysterious ways left me unsettled.

With my words hanging in air, I just sat there unmoving, looking, and observing them as they exchanged nervous glances, clearly unsure how to respond. But, then as if sensing my confusion, finally, Killian decided to spoke up his words cutting through the tense quiet, "I wasn't the one who suffered the dare, Ruby. It was Leo. That night of the games, we switched places and Leo secretly sneak out to the dare room in front on where your dare room also lurk off."

I studied Leo's face for confirmation, but he refused to meet my gaze. Instead, he stared down at the bloodied bandage, fidgeting within its loose end, "But don't worry, Fridays. There was no harm done with my pinkies. It was still intact, since I know ways on how to fake a finger cutting scene."