Chapter 3

Two weeks had gone by since the fire. They had a very lovely funeral for Robert. That all the villagers attended. He was buried in the Royal cemetery next to his wife, who died from illness when Everly was young.

Currently, it was Everly's first day at Royal Prep. She was woken up by the maids and they picked out a very nice blue dress for her to wear. She changed into the dress and the maids did her hair for her.

Even though she was a princess, Everly wasn't used to this kind of treatment

Even though she was a princess, Everly wasn't used to this kind of treatment. With living in the village, she had quite a different life from her cousins. Her and her father usually only came to the castle for holidays, birthdays, and special events.

"Princess, the King is requesting your presence in the throne before breakfast." One of the maids informed.

"What for?" Everly asked.

"He didn't say." The maid said. "You better go and find out."

"Thank you for the assistance." Everly said. "You're welcome, princess." The maids said. They started making her bed and tidying her room, which wasn't very dirty to begin with.

"You guys don't have to do that." Everly said. "I can do it after breakfast and before I go to school."

"It's not a problem, princess." They said.

"Really." Everly said. "I'm more than capable of making my own bed."

"Alright." The maids said.

Everly headed to the throne room, where her uncle was waiting.

"Good morning, Everly." Roland greeted her.

"Morning, Uncle." Everly greeted back. "The maids said you wanted to see me."

"Yes." Roland said. "I have something for you."

"What is it?" Everly asked.

"When Sofia and Miranda moved into the castle, I gave Sofia a necklace from the jewel room to make her feel welcome." Roland explained as he pulled a small box out of his pocket. "And I want you to feel welcome here the castle, so I found a bracelet that I thought you might like."

He opened the box to reveal a beautiful bracelet with pink gemstones. Roland took it out of the box and offered to put it on her.

"It's beautiful." Everly said. "Thank you, Uncle Roland. I love it."

"I'm glad and you're very welcome." Roland said. "Oh, Everly, are you alright with starting school today? If you need more time, that's okay."

"I'll be fine." Everly answered. "But, thank you for the concern."

"Of course." Roland said. "Now, come on. Breakfast should be ready."

Everly followed her uncle to the dining hall. The others were already there.

"Morning everyone." Roland greeted as he and Everly joined the others. Everyone greeted back. They all ate breakfast together.

Once they finished, Everly went back up to her room to make her bed and brush her teeth.

"Everly, are you ready?" James called.

"Yep, I'm coming." Everly said as she rushed downstairs.

"Hurry up." Amber said. "The coach is waiting."

"Sorry." Everly said as she climbed into the coach.

Growing up, Everly had never really liked Amber. She had always thought she was a stuck up princess and acted liked she deserved everything.

Once they got to the school, Everly followed her cousins inside and to the class.

"Everyone, we have a new student joining us." Flora introduced. "This is Princess Everly of Enchancia. Everly, just have a seat wherever there's an empty spot."

Everly took a seat next to Sofia.

Later that day, Everly was eating dinner with her family.

"How was your first day at Royal Prep, Everly?" Roland asked.

"It's certainly different from the village schoolhouse, but it was okay." Everly answered.

"I felt the same way on my first day at Royal Prep." Sofia said.

"Sofia, Amber, and James helped me through the day, since I haven't made any friends yet." Everly continued.

"I'm sure you'll make friends in no time." Miranda said.

"Thank you." Everly said.

AN: I was going to have Everly's bracelet being magical like Sofia's amulet. I was thinking one of the main powers is that she could turn into a fairy. But, I would love to hear ideas for other powers.