chapter 10- support

Since then I've been staying at Malfoy Manor with Enzo. Although Enz is ridiculously wealthy himself, he has little to do with his family and was practically raised by Narcissa. Similar with me really. I couldn't really ask for a better mother figure really.

Draco did not take kindly to the news at all at first and then one night his attitude seemed to change completely, yet I have no idea what caused the change but he's much more supportive now and we're closer than ever.

*Flashback*
Draco POV

"What the fuck were you thinking mate" I asked my best friend, he was practically my brother after all these years.

"I wasn't, I just decided that I really wanted to spend more time with her and one night it all happened. I don't regret it at all but when I next spoke to her I kinda told her I wanted to forget it... fuck man I didn't mean it but evidently we couldn't forget it if we tried now." I was so pissed at him, at his recklessness.

"Do you love her?" I ask, not really sure if I even want to know the answer if I'm honest.

"I think so... I mean I don't know. I care for her more than anything and now she's carrying our child and I'll be there and support them both for as long as I live. There's no question about that. It sounds simple enough but we've already spoken about it. I'm not ready for a relationship like that. She understands that, but I know she loves me and i do love her too, I just can't be what she deserves you know, maybe one day but not now." He shrugs. I furrow my eyebrows together in total confusion as I try and decifer his response.

"Why have you been so grumpy lately anyway? The situation isn't ideal but I don't understand why it affects you so much." Fuck, how do I even tell him? I wanted to avoid this issue but I can't keep this secret anymore.

"You're not the only one that loves her." I reply coldly.

"What?"

"Listen mate, I didn't mean for it to happen did I? You have no idea how much pain I'm in, the girl I love is having a baby with my best mate and to top it off, she's in love with you. I haven't got a hope in the world." I blurt out, half expecting him to give me a swift right hook.

"I honestly don't even know what to say. We aren't together, and that's because of me. I don't blame you at all. I would have never done this if I'd known. All we can do is be there for her now." He shrugs.

And that's when it hits me. I know she loves him but I can give her what she needs, the stability she needs. She might not love me now, but that can always change, she could love me too. I will be whatever I need to be to be close to her. The best friend, protector or lover. I will do everything for her. And maybe, just maybe. She can love me too.

*End of Flashback*

My feelings are all over the place. I told Lorenzo that I loved him but he told me he couldn't be what I deserved basically 'it isnt you its me' lines. I told him I understood, but I really didn't. Couldn't he have just told me if it was reciprocated or not? But before we can even consider a relationship, our baby comes first and what she needs is two parents that absolutely adore her.

After another impressive yet gut busting meal with the Malfoys, I head to my oversized, luxurious room and quickly fall asleep under the warm silk sheets