chapter 24- Three's a crowd

Lorenzo Berkshire POV:

I feel myself changing. I think I'm getting better... I have proven to myself that I can be a good father and that makes me think about what else has changed. I find myself regretting not allowing myself to be with Kassandra. It would be perfect, we can be a family- a proper family. I think I can still make this right, to call her mine is all I've ever wanted. She's everything. I love her too much to throw this away, I just hope I can prove to her that I've changed, that I love her and Arabelle with everything in my being, but there's one issue.

Draco.

Jealously is an odd feeling, but it's what I feel every time I see him with her. I get so angry with him, to see how he boasts and smiles when he comes back after spending a day with her when he knows how much I love her and how much I'm trying to be a better person for her. 

One day it just gets too much as I see them walking around the school grounds, Arabelle in his arms as Kassandra chats to him. That should be me and I just see red as I storm over to them.

"Well what do I find here?" I tell the blonde.

"Enz, are you okay? You seem-" Kassandra comes over to me hands on my face in an attempt to calm me but I quickly push them down.

"Kass don't, here take Ara and go back to the castle. Okay? I'll be there soon." He tells her as he passes my child to her mother.

"Don't tell her what to do, she isn't yours!" I yell.

"Mate, I don't know what the fuck you are on about but is it really a good idea to go screaming and causing a scene in front of Arabelle.." he says and it's taking all of my might not to punch him there and then.

"Don't tell me what I should or shouldn't do with my own child. Yes MY child, in case you haven't noticed 'mate' she isn't yours, as much as you act like she is. She's mine."

"Boys don't, look you're making her cry. Just stop it both of you!" Kass yells as she tries to push the two of us apart.

"You tell him to stop kass, he's the one starting it. I'm not like you, I won't just roll over and accept it just because it's him." He tells her, that strikes me to the core and I launch myself at my friend and a fight ensures. I can barely hear Kass begging for us to stop. I see red.

Kassandra POV

"Stop! Please!" I try to yell over them but It's no use, everyone is staring now. Cedric sees the commotion and sprints to me.

"Kass, what's gotten into those two? Are you okay?" He questions.

"Here, take Ara for a second so I can split them too up before the kill eachother." Ara just cries trying to wiggle herself out of Cedrics arms the moment I give her too him. It breaks my heart to see her so distressed.

I soon run back to try and pry the two boys away from eachother but they're so consumed in the fight they barely notice and I realise that my efforts are feeble as Enzo is knocked off his feet and Draco straddles over him, punching his best friend over and over in the face. I try to grab Draco by his arms as he pulls back for another swing but am met with his elbow connecting with my left eye and I stumble backwards, landing on the concrete pavement.

"Kass!" Enzo pushes Draco off of him and comes running to me.

"Get off of me! Do not touch me either of you!" I yell at them both and Enzo looks at me in concern while Draco sends me a look of pure sorrow when he realises what he's done.

"Kass I'm so sorry I never meant to hurt you." The blonde comes running over too.

"Don't. I can't do this. You two sort yourselves out or don't bother talking to me again." I point towards them both before turning back to Arabelle clutching at my eye, already feeling it starting to swell under my fingers. I ignore their pleads and wave the two off.

"You okay Kass?" Cedric asks as he hands Arabelle back over, still protesting in his arms.

I nod yes and look to the crying child in my arms, wiping the wet tears off her eyes.

"Shhh baby, it's okay, everything is okay, mummas back baby" She sniffles in response but soon calms down at my touch.

"Ced, could you take me to my father please? I'm not sure if I'll be able to find my way with my eye like this." I remove my hand away from my eye, which has almost swollen shut and look at the tall, handsome boy.

"Merlin Kass, how hard did he hit you?" From what I can see I can tell he is worried as he glares at the two boys behind me.

"He didn't mean to, I'm fine just take me to my father please." I beg him and he agrees, placing a comforting and protective hand on my back as we make our way to my fathers office.

"Thank you so much Ced" I tell him truefully as I place a soft kiss on the cheek" earning me a swift nod before he continues with his day.