Chapter 5

My blood seemed to turn to ice as I felt a cold stone drop to my abdomen. I felt my face and ears get red as I slowly turned off the faucets. The faucet squeeked in a depressed manner as I stepped out into the slick tile. I grabbed my blood splattered clothes that lay all twisted on the ground just like Kenny. I scooped them under my arm and jogged towards my room. I slid them at the bottom of my black clothes in my brown wooden dresser. I wiped the water from my forehead and quickly wrapped a tail around my broad figure. I slowly opened my dresser again pulling out a long black tee that read "I'm arguing I'm just explaining that I'm right." I also pulled out ripped skinny jeans. I quickly slipped on my clothes and ran my fingers through my dark hair. I slipped on flip flops that lay on the the off white carpet of my room. I ran out of my room and bounded down the steps, soon my mom came to view she was talking in a hushed tone to a police man who stood there. He looked confident, some loose brown locks fell from his police hat in small strands. His hazel eyes glowed a radiant almost yellow color, as he spoke quietly to my mother. She looked small and frail in front of his broad muscular figure. He seemed to be reasuring her, his smooth tone and conceded eyes have it away.
He then looked over my moms shoulder spotting me standing there awkwardly my hair dripping silently onto the wooden floor. He looked back down at my mom, "may I speak with your daughter?" He asked his smooth voice flowing out like cream. "Yes you may." She replied stepping aside to I could nervously trurdge towards the waiting officer. He nooses to me as in a quick silent hello. "Hello." I said keeping the fear and worry about of my voice.
"So" he began right away, "there has been a murder near you." I nodded slowly but keeping my fake innocence in tact. "The kid goes to your school, his name was Kenny, unfortunately you are on the suspect list because of an incident that happened earlier that day." My heart seemed to stop and the cold stone returned to my stomach. Stupid jocks!!! Telling the police about me slapping Kenny!!! I kept my cool though and his smooth voice started once more, "we are aware that you had slapped him earlier that day during school." I nodded slowly my black hair collecting in random spots around my shoulders. I could feel my moms worry and concern wafting off of her as I stood nodding like an idiot. "Do you know anything about the case?"
"Well, earlier that day when I had slapped him, he and his friends were making fun of me as usual.." I began, "something inside me snapped Im not sure what.." Now it was his turn to nod. "But I would never kill someone!!" I said trying to hook fear to the word "kill" he nodded again and thanked me and my mom making it clear that he may have to come back. As soon as his car tires crunched under pebbles and rolled away my mom looked at me.
"Mom I can explain..." I started but she cut me off.
"It's okay honey...they were bothering you. But can you be honest with me...did you kill that kid?" I shook my head "no mom" I said looking her straight in the green eyes. I felt terrible lying to her but I wasn't going to tell her about my murders...not yet.