Chapter 1

Empress Lilliana, daughter and only child of the previous emperor. She grew up as a treasure to the Emperor and Empress, being taught by only the best, wearing the finest silks, eating the most delicious food, and being doted and loved by everyone around her. Her parents had also educated her, passing their knowledge on to her, when she ascended to the throne, her people immediately knew she would make a fine Empress. Everyone loved her, as she was beautiful and talented. She sat in her office, wearing her white dress, drinking tea and chatting with her ladies-in-waiting, while petting her pure white snow cat with sapphire eyes on her lap, Eira.

 She sat in her office, wearing her white dress, drinking tea and chatting with her ladies-in-waiting, while petting her pure white snow cat with sapphire eyes on her lap, Eira

She had three ladies-in-waiting whom she are close friends with. One of them is named Delilah, who is a Duchess. She has light brown hair tied into a braid and beautiful purple eyes, she wore a beautiful and simple lilac gown, and she is also the head lady. Another is named Naomi, she has dirty blonde hair kept in a lower bun and green eyes, she has an indigo dress while the top is white. And last is Ashlynn, she has creamy blond hair and bright orange eyes, she is wearing a light blue dress with white flower designs.

"Your imperial majesty? Have you heard?" Delilah asks, gaining Lilliana's attention. "Rumor has it that the Emperor of the Eastern Empire has brought back a runaway slave with him from his hunting trip!"

This slightly shocked the Empress.

'He brought back a runaway slave? I've never expected him to stoop that low...' She thought.

"He apparently also took a liking to her because he had the ladies-in-waiting wash her!" Naomi added. "But they say even in her squalor, she was such a beauty."

"They said her beauty was second only to the Duchess of Tuania, who is known to be the most beautiful of all the Duchesses." Ashlynn said, before looking at their empress. "But of course, her beauty couldn't possibly compare to yours, your majesty!"

"I appreciate the compliment Ashlynn." Lillian thanked, smiling, before she bring the teacup closer to her lips. "But I must say...I'm quite shocked to hear that the Emperor of the Eastern Empire had chosen to take back a runaway slave."

At that moment, knocking was heard.

"Your majesty? May I come in?" A male voice asks.

"You may enter." Lillian said, as a man with brown hair and golden eyes walked in, wearing a suit, holding an envelope.

"Pardon the intrusion, your majesty, but this just arrived from the Eastern Empire." He said, before giving the envelope to Lilliana.

"Thank you, Carlos, you may leave." She said, as Carlos bowed before leaving the room.

"What is it your majesty?" Delilah asks, as Lilliana open the envelope and read it.

"It's an invitation from Empress Navier, to the new year's banquet." She said, smiling.

"Oh, how wonderful! It will be great to see Empress Navier and her ladies-in-waiting again!" Ashlynn said, clapping her hands. "Would you like us to pack your things, your majesty?"