Chapter 4

Everyone in the room started murmuring at the women and Heinrey, as the two empress's watched.

"Why did you deceive me? Didn't I tell you I was looking for a precious friend?" Heinrey asks. "Is it acceptable for a servant to deliberately fool royalty in the Eastern Empire?"

"I-I didn't mean-" The woman stuttered. "Um, I..."

"However." Heinrey grinned, as he put a hand on her shoulder. "What you said wasn't a complete lie, now was it?"

"I...pardon...?"

"You did know some of the letters' contents...you weren't my anonymous pen pal, but you do know the real recipient of my letters, don't you? Perhaps the recipient is your master." He said, before glancing towards Navier, making her flinched. "Or, someone your master knows."

"You're surprisingly perceptive, Prince Heinrey." A voice said, revealing to be Rashta as she walk up to him. "From the contents of the letters, I thought you were just a flippant person."

"...Lady Cherini is your lady-in-waiting, yes?" Heinrey asks.

"Yes, I'm the one you've been looking for, your highness." She said, as Lilliana slightly tsked her tongue. "I can easily prove it to you if you don't believe me."

'That girl is simply making a fool out of herself.' Lilliana thought.

"...No, it's quite all right." Heinrey said. "I'm sure someone like you wouldn't lie about something like this."

~~~

"Ugh! Unbelievable!" Ashlynn groaned, as Lilliana was in her room along with her ladies-in-waiting. "I can't believe that girl would pose as Empress Navier."

"Surely her majesty won't let her get away with." Delilah said.

"Being the mistress of an emperor isn't enough of her, to think she would make such a bold move like this!" Naomi said.

"Prince Heinrey know's that Rashta was lying, meaning it will be unlikely for her to get away with this." Lilliana explained.

"That is true your majesty, after all, Queen and Prince Heinrey are still the same person." Delilah agreed.

"Does Empress Navier know about this?" Ashlynn asks.

"She will...in time." The empress said, smiling.

~~~

Right now, Lilliana is in the banquet hall, as a banquet is held on the last day of the New Year's Celebration.

Navier arrived, wearing a beautiful red dress, as Rashta took notice of her.

"Sister!" She said, as Lilliana look at her in disbelief. "Oops, I mean, your majesty, I was just so happy to see you."

'What is she doing here?' She thought, as Navier walked pass her, and towards Lilliana.

"Empress Navier, wonderful to see you." She smiled.

"It's wonderful to see you too, Empress Lilliana." Navier smiled back.

"Why don't we take a sit?"

"Of course."

The two of them went to sit beside Princess Circe, as she turned her head towards them.

"You should've come earlier, your majesties! It was wild!" She said, catching their attention, as they sit down.

"What happened?" Navier asks.

"Well, it seems that the rumor about Prince Heinrey being a casanova is true." Princess Circe whispered. "He treated Lady Rashta with so much tenderness and right in front of the Emperor, he was as sweet as cream to her."

Navier and Lilliana were shocked, as Navier accidentally spit out her wine.

'As sweet as a cream puff?' Navier thought, as she wiped her mouth with a napkin, she glanced at Sovieshu, Rasta, and Heinrey. 'Hmm? The atmosphere is...it's oddly tense'

"You're being very disrespectful, Prince Heinrey!" Sovieshu shouted, slamming his glass of red wine down, surprising Navier.

"What's disrespectful about pointing out her mistakes? She said she's the recipient of my letters, but she doesn't seem to know the half of it." Heinrey said. "If she was impersonating my lady, isn't it only natural that I'd try to protect my lady's honor? Oh, although my pen pal might be a gentleman instead of a lady."

Lilliana took a glance at Navier, and notice that she was sweating, remembering her letter.

"I'm feeling terribly offended." Heinrey said, glancing at Rashta, making her flinch. "By your servant, and by Lady Rashta, are you insulting the Western Kingdom, or me?"

"Rashta clearly told you that she had momentarily gotten the contents of the letters mixed up!" Sovieshu defended, as Heinrey lean in his seat.

"And I clearly said that it's bizarre that my pen pal would get over half of the letters contents confused." He said.

"Prince Heinrey!"

"Everyone, am I the strange one here? Yesterday, Lady Rashta here said herself that she was the recipient of my letters, and I trusted her words without an inkling suspicion because I thought a distinguished lady such as herself wouldn't lie." Heinrey said, before gesturing towards Princess Circe. "And as Princess Circe put it, I treated her as sweetly as a cream puff."

'He...has very good hearing...' Navier thought, as she, Princess Circe, and Lilliana froze.

"...You're so mean." Rashta sobbed, as tears fell down her eyes. "It's because...it's because I'm not of high social standing or sophisticated, and that's why you're drawing a line."

'To think that she can get away with an act such as that.' Lilliana thought, glaring at her.

"I didn't want to get involved, but I should correct everyone's misunderstanding." Navier said, getting up. "Your majesty, I know the individual Prince Heinrey was sending letters to, it's not Rashta."

'Is she really going to reveal herself right now?' Lilliana thought, looking at Navier with a surprised expression

"You shouldn't take Prince Heinrey's side because you despise Rashta, Empress." Sovieshu said.

"It seems the emperor only believes the words that come out of Lady Rashta's mouth." Heinrey said, shrugging. "How frustrating it must be for you, your majesty."

"That's enough." Sovieshu said, drawing out his sword before pointing it towards Heinrey's neck. "Prince Heinrey, I challenge you to a duel for tarnishing my woman's honor."

"Can I leave this room safely even if I kill you? If so, I accept your challenge." Heinrey said.