7| this has to be a joke

October 2022
London

"Why not me"

Robyn

"What's her last name?" I asked simply out of curiosity and maybe wanting to dig for information later. No I definitely wanted to find out who the hell this woman was.

And there it was

And there it was. That look mum would always give me. I could see it in her eyes. Sympathy and hesitation.

"RoRo, if I tell you I'm not sure it'll make you feel any better" mum said as she gave my hand another squeeze only making me want to retract my hand more but also jump into her arms wanting the comfort she's given me since I could remember.

"Oh my god! Just tell me please" I whisper shouted, my patience wearing thin. It was suspenseful, a build up to one small word.

"Johansson."

Johansson? Cool last name I guess but...wait.

Scarlett. Johansson.

Scarlett Johansson.

Scarlett Johansson the actress? The one I was never allowed to watch a movie if she was in it. Dad said she was a bad actress and wasn't a good example. Mum used to tense up at her appearance on Tv.

I remember watching Snl as a kid on Saturdays and wondered why the TV was so abruptly shut off and dad had thrown the remote across the room.

I had so much to say. Where do I even start?

I need air.

Without even thinking I pulled away from mum and grabbed my jacket and phone, running down the stairs and out the front door.

I needed to walk. I needed to talk to someone. I needed so much but also wanted nothing at all right now.

I can't even speak to dad about Scarlett. It's not fair to keep asking mum. Everything just feels even messier now.

Would I of felt better if I didn't know who my real mother was? Probably yes.

I should of kept quiet. I shouldn't of kept pressing for answers. I'm so stupid.

Why did she leave me? Maybe I'm the problem.

After walking for somewhat ten minutes and dwelling on what the hell just happened I decide the person I need to speak to is Lottie. We've been friends for a good while and whilst I've known Holly longer she doesn't know the ins and outs of my life like Lottie does. Maybe I overshare and made myself vulnerable at times but I trust her.

The phone rings a few times before she actually picks up. She's terrible and answering the phone and replying to my messages, I swear sometimes she does it on purpose just to piss me off.