𝒞𝐻𝒜𝒫𝒯𝐸𝑅 4

(listen to the song while reading the chapter because this is mostly gonna be a flashback chapter and you'll see how it ties in :)) And also warnings for this chapter: drugs (aka weed))

Amber makes her way to her car after leaving Tara in the hospital again. She heard what Sam was talking about and absolutely hates it. I mean, yeah, she is the one who attacked Tara but it's not as bad as Sam is making it seem. At least Tara doesn't suspect a thing just yet.

She sits down in her car and turns the radio on and the song playing is Don't Fear the Reaper, by Blue Öyster Cult. As she begins driving and listening to the song, a flashback pops up in her mind.

Amber sits in her room, watching TV and just sorta chilling. It's October 2020, and she's rewatching Halloween, as one of the first movies on her October horror movie watchlist. Her phone suddenly rings and she picks it up from her nightstand and sees it's Tara, her best friend, calling her.

She picks up the phone and it sounds like Tara is crying on the phone. "Tara. Are you okay? What's going on?" asks Amber, worried about her.

Tara tries to hold back tears. "Wes.. Wes broke up with me." she answers.

"He what? What- Why?" Amber is completely confused. They seemed so happy, and it just seems so out of nowhere.

"Can you just come and get me.. i'll tell you in person.. please?" asks Tara.

"Yeah. Yeah, of course. I'm coming right now, okay? Want me to get you anything?" she replies.

"No.. just come and get me.. please." Tara says.
"Yeah, i'll be there in 2 minutes." She hangs up and puts her phone in her pocket. Amber gets up from her bed, turning her TV off, as this is much more important than some dumb movie. She goes over to her closet, putting on a sweater over the outfit she was already wearing, consisting of a pair of black jeans and a Stab shirt. She searches through her closet and takes out some weed she had stashed away. She has a few ideas on how she wants to make Tara feel a little bit better and this idea is just a tad bit inspired by the movie she was watching just now and the scene with Laurie and Annie in the car smoking. She walks downstairs, putting on a pair of boots and walks to her car. She gets in and drives to Tara's house, to see Tara waiting outside, still looking sad.

She honks, to get Tara's attention "Tara! Come on!" Amber smiles upon seeing her. She's admitted to herself that she has a crush on Tara, but couldn't exactly do anything when her and Wes we're dating, but now? At least she's got a chance.

Tara walks over to Amber's car and gets in and gives Amber a soft, kind of sad smile. "Hey." she simply says.
Amber notices how upset she still looks and hugs Tara. "Hey, i've got, like.. the best idea to make you feel better." Amber says, while smiling, excited to show Tara.

"What do you have?" Tara asks, with a slight look to confusion on her face. Amber takes out the weed in her pocket. "This little thing right here.. what do you say?" She shows Tara. "Only if you're okay with it though, we don't have to, okay?" Amber reassures her, not wanting to pressure her in any way.

"Are you kidding? How did you even get that.. But yeah I want some!" Tara says. Amber smiles and takes out her phone, connecting it to her car and putting on the song Don't Fear the Reaper and Tara chuckles. "This is inspired by Halloween isn't it?" Tara laughs slightly at her horror obsessed best friend. But Tara isn't any better either, she's also obsessed with them.

"Oh come on.. a magician never reveals his tricks or whatever that saying is" Amber says and takes another look at Tara's face, as she looks like she's trying not to laugh. "Yeah, okay, yeah, yes it is inspired by Halloween! Happy?" Amber says and gives Tara a smile. She doesn't know how, but Tara just always looks gorgeous and she has no idea why Wes would ever break up with such an amazing person like her.

They begin driving and Tara turns to Amber. "Soooo, where are we driving to? You never told me where we're going?" Tara asks. "You kidnapping me or something?" She chuckles while looking at Amber and smoking some of the weed as the song plays.

"Just.. trust me, it'll be fun, okay? Do you trust me?" Amber smiles. It's not a great suprise or anything but she just thinks it's cute and it's a great place for them to just relax and for Tara to tell her everything and why her and Wes broke up.

"Yeah. I trust you."
They arrive at a beach. "Uh.. a beach? It's a little cold..?" asks Tara in confusion.

"Oh, silly, we're not going in the water, just.. laying down on the sand, is that okay?" replies Amber as she takes Tara's hand, walking her towards the beach. "It'll be fun, I promise."

They both sit down on the sand and Tara passes Amber the joint they'd been smoking. "Wanna tell me what happened?" asks Amber, still left confused by what happened between Tara and Wes.

"I'm not high enough for it.. just give me a few more minutes." Amber nods at this. A few minutes pass by and Tara looks at Amber again. "Yeah, okay, i'm ready now." Amber looks at her and gives her full attention to Tara.
"So you know how we've been hanging out a lot? Because we're like, best friends? Well, Wes basically thought that I was cheating on him and that we were dating and stuff.. which isn't true.." Tara explains. It isn't true, but she would want it to be true. Not that she'd ever cheat on someone but now that she broke up with Wes, she could ask Amber out or something.

"Oh shit.. I'm sorry, you deserve better, Tara, you do." Amber reassures her. Tara looks at Amber again.

"Would you ever wanna be more like that though?" asks Tara and Amber's eyes light up, and she's sorta surprised.

"What? Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down. Do you actually mean that?" says Amber, confused.

"Yeah, I do. What Wes is saying is obviously not true but... I would wanna be with you and be more than just friends, if that's you want as well." Tara says.

"Yes.. yes, id want that. You wouldn't even believe me if I told you how many dreams i've had about us, being more.. so.. what do you say?" Amber replies.

Tara continues looking at her and then gets closer to her, glancing at her lips. "Can I kiss you?" Tara asks, and Amber nods. Tara kisses her and it's a slow and passionate kiss, and they both want this so much. They pull away but they're still sitting close. A smile creeps up on Amber's face. "That was amazing. Wow..."

"You were amazing." Tara says and smiles at Amber. "Does this count as a first date?" she asks.

"Yeah, I guess so.. I guess so." Amber says.

Amber's thoughts are cut short when she realizes she arrived at her house. She enters her house and walks up to her room. She looks at her wall where she has a couple of polaroids she took with Tara, and she feels an insane amount of regret. She's hurt the person she loves most in this world, for some stupid guy she met on Reddit who thinks they're dating or some shit. Which they're not. And he's an absolute creep, but she can't really do anything now, can she? But she's got a plan.. I mean, Tara doesn't have to die, right? She has a plan. One where Tara doesn't find out but her and Richie's plan still works. And Tara is going to be Amber's final girl. Her girl.

A/N: THE AMOUNT OF IDEAS THAT I HAVE IS INSANE😭😭😭 i just wanna know what do u guys think about the whole stu macher surviving theory and all that cause I have some ideas ngl, and one of those ideas sort of includes him but i know a lot of people hate the theory and I won't include it if you guys don't like the theory.

But as always have a good day/ night and stay hydrated <3 (and also the spelling in this isn't checked so excuse that pls😭).