She's A Masterpiece

"He missed her. Even though his heart was blackened and the rage inside him could have lit the entire camp on fire, he missed her with whatever good remained in him."-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Location: Durban, South Africa
Date: April 9, 2023
________________________________________________________________________________
Third Person POV

"Walk with me, Maukeni," said the father, extending his arm to his daughter. They walked along a path that led into the beautiful woods. Smiling, she wrapped her arm around his and walked with him.

"You know, when we decided to send you to that school, it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do because you're my only daughter. Once you got there...I don't even think your mother told you this...she couldn't comfort me, no matter how much she tried," the father said, looking up at her father. He seemed to be on the verge of tears.

Stopping in her tracks, Maukeni gripped her fingertips against her father's bicep. "I don't think I cried that much when you left. I would go into your room and cry. It was like that for so long, I can hardly believe I was able to cry that much, Maukeni. There were days where I would hold my breath until you walked through the door." His eyes watered with tears as she listened to him, so many emotions filled his eyes.

He placed his hand behind her neck and looked into her eyes. Tears streamed down his face as he spoke. "Kiri, I'm sorry. I never intended for any of this to happen. Please, Kiri." She waved her hands in protest and stopped him.

"Papa... Ua sefulu tausaga talu ai. I le sefulu tausaga ua mavae, O mea uma na tutupu o vai i lalo o le alalaupapa. Ou te le ita ma ou te le ita." She said tilting her head to the side and looking at her father wearily.

"Yes! Ten years that I've missed... That your mother and brothers have missed. Ten years that we will never get back... I- I can't forgive myself for causing you to leave and not contact us for ten years." As she hugged her father tightly, she realized what she was doing and he quickly reciprocated. He had hugged his daughter on various occasions such as her first soccer game win, her first gold medal in gymnastics, her first award ceremony for fashion design, as well as her graduation from college and high school. However, this hug was different. It was more emotional, as he couldn't bear to lose his daughter again.

"I love you, Papa."

"I love you too, Maukeni."

~ Morning~

Third Person POV
_____________________
@NqobileKhwezi

Third Person POV_____________________@NqobileKhwezi

Liked by @Daniella.sia and 1.7M others
✨💕
View all 5,678 comments
April 9, 2023
________________________
She pulled up the legs of her blush yoga pants a few inches and dipped her feet into the pool, letting out a deep sigh of relief. At that moment, nothing was going through her mind. She was at peace, with nothing to worry about and no problems to face. She swayed her feet in the cool water and gazed at the pasture filled with vibrant green grass and a dense forest of beautiful, towering trees that blocked out the sun.