Let's get it done

"Light is easy to love. Show me your darkness."---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Location: Durban, South Africa
Date: April 13, 2023
_______________________________________________________________________________

Nqobile's POV
_______________________
@NqobileKhwezi

Nqobile's POV_______________________@NqobileKhwezi

Liked by @KerryHilt and 2.1M others
🌿💚
View all 7,355 comments
April 13, 2023
___________________

I walked around the kitchen island, watching as my father tried to avoid eye contact. "How could you do this? It's straight-up disrespect. If I did this to you, you would be upset. How could you?" I argued as he tried to move faster out of the kitchen, seeing the hurt in my eyes.

"Maukeni," he started, before I shot him a mean glare, causing him to put his hands up in defense. I scoffed at him, hearing footsteps quicken on the hardwood floors. "You do realize that if the roles were reversed, you would've been so against it."

"Whoa, whoa. What's going on? Why are you two arguing?" My mother came into view with a couple of bags in her hands. She watched my dad walk over to her, pressing a kiss to her cheek before taking the bags from her hands and placing them on the counter across from me. I stared at the back of his head as he looked over his shoulder, trying to see if I was still glaring daggers. I rolled my eyes.

"He's unbelievable! If I did what he did, he would throw a fit," my accented, ridden voice boomed as my mother looked between us, trying to figure it out. "I'm going to ask one more time, what happened?"

"He watched the new season of 'The Rookie' without me after he said he would wait till tomorrow to watch it," I threw a grape at his bald head, causing him to glare at me playfully. My mother opened and closed her mouth in both amusement and annoyance. Shaking her head, she walked over to me and pressed a kiss to my cheek.

"Are you serious?" She laughed turning her back as she took the groceries out of the bags, " Mon amour, Have you talked to Kiri about-"

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, trying to figure out what they were talking about. " What are yall talking about, Talk to me about what?" Seeing my father's demeanor change the second my mom brought up something he hadn't told me. "Sau, e tatau ona ta talanoa," He offered his hand, grabbing his hand I glanced at my mother before allowing my father to direct me to wherever he was bringing me.

"Papa, O le a le mea o tupu?" I questioned as we walked through the threshold of the balcony, Shaking his head he sat me on the couch, sitting on the couch in front of me he let out a breath.

A couple of weeks ago, before you decided to come home, I received a call from an unknown number. At first, I thought it was you because you had been gone for such a long time. However, when I answered, no one spoke. I just heard someone breathing on the other side of the phone," he began. He reached for the cabinet beside him and pulled out a bottle of whiskey. As I looked from him to the bottle, I knew something was wrong because he was drinking whiskey without his tea. Taking a swig, he didn't even make a face from how strong it was. "Kiri... I need you to promise me that no matter what, you won't get too involved-"