Truth

Sorry for any mistakes!

Larry sat on the bed and waited for his brother to do the same. Laurent sat down, feeling a little guarded on what was gonna happen.

"What's going on, Larry?"

"Now that I'm officially divorced, I feel it's time I tell you some things about mine and Bryan's marriage." Larry says softly. He watched as Lau took a deep breath and settled against the headboard.

"Ok. Tell me."

"I need you to promise me something first." Laurents eyes darkened, so Larry slid into his lap and made eye contact.

"Please.. don't do anything that will get you taken away. You mean everything to me, Lau. You were the one thing that's kept me safe for three years. I need you to promise me you'll think clearly before you kill him."

"Why do you think I'll kill him?" Larry smiled and took his brothers hands.

"You're a hard-headed, rage filled alpha who I have seen kill because someone looked at you wrong. I need you to stay calm. For me?" Laurent smirked and leaned forward to kiss Larry's nose.

"Ok. I promise." Larry nodded and went to climb off his brother when Lau grabbed his hips and set him back into place.

"Stay here. It's very...calming." Lau said, making Larry blush a bit.

"So how do you want me to tell you?"

"Start with what happened first, then chronologically up til now." Larry nodded.

"Well, what started it all was a fight the two of you had." Larry says, looking down.

"A fight. What fight?"

"You two had gone out for the night. I was worried because I hadn't heard from either of you for hours. So I called, and Bryan got mad and said I was bothering him, and I needed to calm down. What he told me was you got mad at him for the way he spoke to me and then you guys argued for a bit before coming to an agreement that maybe he was too harsh on the phone he called me back to apologize but when he got home he told me that if I ever embarrassed him like that in front of you again I'd regret it." Laurent sat there in thought.

"I don't remember arguing about it. I remember telling him that he needed to talk a little calmer to you and that you were a worrier, so he needed to take that into account."

"Well, a few months later, which would also happen to be one of the last times we hung out together that wasn't fully planned out, I embarrassed him again. We went to a restaurant with you guys and mami. Mami had ordered the same meal as Bryan, except she had onions in her food. Bryan hated onions. He took the meal with onions unknowingly, but I could smell them. I told him to switch plates, but he didn't want to. So I told mami to give me her plate, and I swapped it out for them and, in the process, mentioned his hate for onions. When we got home, he..." Larry paused one for himself but also the look on his brothers face. He hasn't even told him anything bad yet, and Lau looks ready to pounce.

"Please calm down." Larry whispered. Laurent looked down.

"I can't help it."

"I know, but please." Lau nodded and squeezed his brothers hips.

"Continue."

"When we got home, he pushed me against a wall and told me I made him look weak in front of my family. Like he wasn't capable of swapping his own dish. I told him no one thought he was weak, and he slapped me for talking out of turn. He proceeded to yell at me for over an hour, telling me I was stupid and a bunch of other things. I was nervous and nodded along because I wanted him to stop yelling at me. After that, he started to become demanding. It started with making sure dinner was done when he got home. Then the yelling if I didn't. I hated the yelling." Larry said, looking down.