༄ .VI┆The Prince and The Outsider

"She's awake." (y/n) sighed in relief knowing her friend is now in regular condition, breathing and conscious.

"Okay! I think we should pack up and leave, we're done here." An Avatar said, swiping his tools away and putting them in his bag. He turned to the teen sitting outside, clinging onto the ledge she sat on. "Are you okay with staying here just for a while? We need someone to watch over Kiri till she's in good condition."

She was hesitant upon agreeing, staying here as the only full human. She looked around, seeing if anyone else would take up the offer, but sighed when she saw no one but herself the avatar turned to. "I suppose." She said, with hesitance in her voice, though her face Stoic and calm.

"Great, great." His hand digs into the pack of equipment, searching for his designer item to give to her. "Catch!" He said, tossing the electronic to her. (y/n) caught the object with other her hand, leaning forward to catch the portable walkie-talkie.

"Tap in when everything's fine, and update us."

"Got it." She said, attaching it to her uniform near her chest. "Okay, we'll be on the line 24/7, kid. Have fun." Have fun? Impossible. The scientists proceeded to walk backtrack it the chopper they came from and with the help of (y/n)'s guidance they took it up successfully.

So, it left her. Standing on the seashore as she watched them fly in the opposite direction.

"Hey, they left you..." The voice of Neteyam barked behind her in concern and care, glancing at the small girl and at the flying vehicle taking off. "I have to watch over your sister until she's in good condition." She turned and looked up at him, giving him a bored look.

Neteyam sways his tail and chuckles. "Why can't you stay here even after she's better? I'm sure you'll have fun." (y/n)'s eyes flash as she laughs at his flattering words. "Duty calls."

"Can duty wait just for a bit?" They then laughed at each other's words, one not noticing the blue-skinned cheeks of the other turning pink at his cheesiness. The human shakes her head. "Maybe a little."

"Good, so you should come with me. We should transfer to the other shore, where the ilu's are more seen." He lends her a hand, hands that almost, but don't resemble his. Four long fingers with blue skin, which she took. "I can speak English, not Na'vi. I don't know any words." She said as they walked on the other side for more privacy and less exposure.

He chuckles. "Sorry, yeah. Ilu's are the animals we ride here." A quick roar of one was caught by the two, making the girl's heart pump loudly at the strange yet scary sound to her. "You ride that? In the water? The one that just made a sound?"

"Yeah." Are these things the horses of this place? I wonder, are their ilu girls like horse girls? Hah! I doubt, they look... Neteyam uses his other hand and pointed to a soaring creature in the water coming to them. "There."

A monster burst from the waters, eyes above the water to scan his rider, who was present at the shore. "That's mine."

... Interesting...

"I hope he's a good boy." (y/n) joked, turning away and gently letting go of Neteyam's hand, which his smile faded at. But it didn't completely falter at her comedy. "He is, you want to ride him with me?" His thumb points to the ilu squeaking at them. The faint thought of riding that thing made her pale.