༄ .VIII┆Say Sorry

(y/n)'s nap took hours, four to be exact. While gaining consciousness, her duties and this morning's events began flowing back, the bitterness of that interaction with that jerk making her feel bitter. It was only the second time she saw that boy, and he was an ass to both of them. They say the third time's a charm, so later will he push me into the water? Will he make the whole clan laugh at me?

Picking herself up slowly, she stretches her limbs, making joints crack. She looks at the sun in front of her, it was shining bright with a warm feeling touching everyone's skin. It meant that it is the middle of the day. (the middle of the day, 1 pm-3 pm, is the hottest time of the day, fun fact). She walks out of the home, eyes scanning for any sight of forest Na'vi's.

None.

Okay then, a physical search has to ensue I suppose... If she has to keep the Sully kids safe, which puts her at risk of stumbling upon that jerk again, she'll accept it all over and over again. Taking a deep breath, she walks onto the soft and quite bouncy pathway of the village that hovered over the water. Ignore it, just ignore it... One step, two steps, and three: There goes the hydrophobic human on her way to find her friends to keep safe.

She was going to do breathing exercises whilst doing so...

━━━━𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 ━━━━

The forest Na'vi were accompanied by each other's siblings. They were stationed away from the sea, rather inside the island's jungle behind the village. Little nobody was there, so every sibling spat their pet peeves as they also quarreled with each other from time to time.

"And then, the rock caught my ankle," Lo'ak said while his ankle was resting on a rock while he was laying on the soft soil. Oh, a piece of news to tell his siblings that while they were ilu racing, his ankle was swiped by a rough rock, that's why he wasn't feeling so good ok the way to this little place.

"Tuck your leg and feet on the saddle, idiot." Their eldest sister says while swiping her tail at her brother angrily. "That's how you get scabs." Lo'ak rolled his eyes. He raised his hand and used his fingers to scoop a ball of wet mud.

"Skxawng!" Kiri hissed, wiping the mud off her shoulder.

"That's how you get mud on your face, skxawng."

Neteyam did not care to laugh at the two, rather leaning on a tree trunk while sitting on a moss-covered rock.

He was thinking about something as his fingers fidgeted with a loose thread from his handcrafted necklace. Something kept on bothering him, like an itch you can find on your body.

Why didn't I just say something...? Where is she? He was thinking about what happened earlier with the unwelcoming prince and his human friend, she felt quite guilty for not speaking up for her.

...

"Goodness, there you all are!"

Neteyam's trance was cut off when he hears a familiar voice, turning around to reveal the girl he was worrying about. "(y/n)!" Tuk and Neteyam said in relief, Kiri stood up as she approached her.

The tall and blue girl sat the other down, not letting her slip on the wet grass of this hiding spot within the island. "I should be the one taking care of you, not the other way around." The human girl joked as she sat down on a clean rock on the ground. Kiri took a seat next to her, on a nice flat leaf.

"Trust me, you do not want to slip." Neteyam spoke from his seat, chuckling.

There was a type of second where it felt like an eternity. Neteyam contemplated if he should ask or comfort her about the little back and forth she had with the mean prince of this tribe. He was worried that she would shut him down and tell him to be quiet. He might have thought that it was too much of a touchy subject for her.

"'Better to be safe than sorry' route, huh?" (y/n) joked, now reunited with her friends. One's that would never get under her skin.

━━━━𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 ━━━━

"Brother!?" A princess called out arising from the water, storming to her brother who was fixing a bow of his that was broken, it was not as strong as before.

Tsireya's older brother paid a careless and bored look as his eyes looked up to her voice which he was sometimes tired of. "What is it?" He softly snapped, bothered that he is busy and being called by his younger sister.

Tsireya slapped his shoulder. The prince drops the bow and snaps his head to her, then meets an angry expression displayed on her face. "Why do you carry much of an attitude, more than a girl's?" He shrugged, annoyed and confused. "Do I?" He boldly asked.

The Na'vi gets onto her knees on the sand beside her brother, wrinkles on her face at her angry expression. "What you said to that human was so rude!"

Her brother pauses, trying to find out what she is so angry about. He looks around, trying to remember without any effort. "Ohh."

It then hit. He looks at his sister with a fake pity look while his hand fetches the bow that fell onto the sand. "What else am I supposed to say?" Tsireya wanted to hit her brother harder as it looked like he did not care about his actions toward the human that he did.

She groans in frustration. "Something that would not discourage her from staying here to look after Kiri and her siblings!" She lets out an angry sigh as she crossed her thick and finned forearms, glaring her big eyes at her careless brother.

"She is here to help them, you know?" He shakes his head, offended and not believing what she has said. This is his land, his village, his home, he can not simply let the girl stay here under any circumstances. He is not taking any risks.

"They are not babies, they can walk and fight. I still wonder what she is doing here." He snaps, finally looking at his angered and frustrated sister sitting beside him.

"Kiri or any of them can get hurt without her, let time pass and pay respects to her. And if it makes you feel better, she is not staying here for so long, so you wait..." Tsireya said as she faced the truth. As much as the smile captivated her to the human, she knew she did not have to get to know her so well to know that she is one pure and kind-hearted human out there. She is awaiting to meet her, but is sad to know she might not have little to no time.

"I will wait for it to happen." The stubborn reef boy said, admiring the progress he did to repair the once broken and still powerful bow.

"Please pay your respects and know your words hurt!"

"I will try..." He muttered under his breath, glaring at Tsireya, eyes widened at her brother's foreign tone of voice towards an outsider.

She sighs and begins to pick herself up from the sand, looking at the waving waters meters away from her. She was planning to jump in and find a welcome gift for the human as an apology for her brother's actions hours ago.

"Thank the spirit brothers and sisters..." She left, leaving her slightly fuming brother behind, who was finishing the touches on the bow.