~Free Me~ Part 3

~Darius~

"Someone just please!... take me away from here, this pain, this broken life..."

I heard a smooth and soft voice... a girl, shouting... but the tone of her voice sounds so sad, so sorrowful, much like mine most of times ill admit. I looked down to where I heard the voice and saw a young girl that must be around 18 or 19 sitting under a tree with her head resting on her knees... she looked up for a moment and I gasped, my heart slammed against my ribcage again and again... thumb... thumb... thumb.

"I didn't know my heart still had life"

I whispered to myself.

Each time she moved it just got louder and faster... what the hell is wrong with me!?.. I have made a habit of coming out here and relaxing on my own, my life is eternal and I get even more used to it every single day... of course I didn't expect to be intruded by this little human, usually no one comes this deep into the forest. Or maybe I've been to busy sulking over the years that I never noticed people arriving in these parts of the woods. so I was a bit taken aback when I heard a voice, other than mine lurking beneath me. I was sitting in a tree, high enough for her not to spot me. But never mind that, what the hell is a young girl doing here un attended, doesn't she know how dangerous it could get!?. I stared down at her... she couldn't hear me as I was to quit for her to notice me. My chest started moving faster each time I took a glance at her. Those plump red lips... so kissable, those crystal blue eyes bright enough to blind me with its beauty, her hair as black as night, falling down her shoulders so effortlessly... her eyebrows frowning with concern, but still so beautiful... she whore a black skirt flowing about four fingers above her knees, a silk white long sleeved shirt tugged in her skirt and what looked to be a cropped black velvet jacket with a symbol at the front... she whore black pumps as shoes. She must be wearing a school uniform. Completely different from the uniforms you whore back in my time. I was born in 1897, and its quite a huge difference from what the world has become now compared to that time. I studied her every move with interest and curiosity as she walked in circles with concern and sadness on her troubled face... I wonder what might be troubling her so much that she had to run this far into the woods...a few more hours went by, the sun was starting to set, and I couldn't keep my gaze off her... eventually I was snapped out of her siren callings when she stopped with her movements, picket up her bag and walked off.

a few moments later...

I sat in my chair in front of the fire place in the large living space., with a glass of wine to scrape of my thoughts. Usually I would drink alcohol to sooth my mind rather than drinking blood. I simply drink blood only when its needed. The taste is so delicious yet so disgusting at the same time. Delicious because of my immortal needs and unwanted desires, disgusting because I hate having to do so in order to survive. I don't know why I don't just end my suffering and lock myself in a box having never to drink blood again. That way, ill just close my eyes for good and die peacefully. But all these years... there has been something, a faint whisper in my daydream like state telling me that its not my time to say goodbye to this world. I do know that there must be a reason I'm still allowing myself to stand alive today... I just don't understand the reason itself. It was dark in this castle... lonely and depressing, but ill make due.. I always have.

"Why cant I stop thinking about her, its like she cast a bloody spell on me!... for gods sake, I cant be daydreaming about some human girl all night... its not like I can just make the girl mine. I'm predator and she's prey..."

I stopped talking for a moment and smirked at my own nasty and cruel idea...

"Well, one must be selfish in some cases I suppose, I'm a Immortal being for gods sake... I'm anything but a human, I'm a monster, and yes ill admit...cold hearted... maybe its about time I lurk into the outside world of today"

maybe I could find out who that girl is. From the moment I set my eyes on her, I felt something strange flow through my chest... a feeling of comfort and... lust.

The following weekend...

~Liana~

I stood outside Emily's house... with a heavy heart and tears rolling down my face, I watched as she packet all her suitcases in their car, closing the boot soon after... she turns to me, and stares with sadness in her eyes, she takes a hold of my right hand and squeezes it with comfort.

"I'm so sorry Liana... I wish I could stay here with you, I wish life wasn't so cruel... I thought we would graduate high school together, maybe even go to the same college, and rent an apartment together... but I guess fate has other plans for our futures... but like I said, I will always love you Liana... maybe someday, we will find our way back to each over, best friends always do"

Her words made me cry even more, to the point where my vision went a bit blurry from all the tears gathering up in my eyes.

"I know you have to go, and I understand... and yes, maybe we will find each other again someday... after all, who will stop you from signing up for a comedy show and embarrassing yourself?"

We both let out a laugh, but soon our laughter was replaced with heart breaking sobs. a Few moments after comforting each other for the very last time... Emily and her family were off to their new home in the US, leaving me stranded in front of their old house, where we made so many happy and sad memories... I guess this one tops it off as the last.

a Few hours has passed during the day, and I was home busy doing house chores, my parents knew of Emily moving to the US, but they didn't once try and comfort my sadness... I scoff at the idea, I'm not even surprised. Later that evening my mother came home with loads of shopping bags... my mother, Delila Rose...she's a bit of a shopaholic, and spending money with my dads credit card is her favourite hobby.

"Liana! Carry these bags upstairs to my room... NOW!"

I hurriedly obeyed. The bags where full of clothes, jewellery, shoes and makeup from famous brands like Louis Vuitton, Dior, Celine and whatever else she has stuffed in there. We weren't rich, which made it so much worse that she just wastes money on things she probably doesn't even need, ridiculously expensive things. As I walked upstairs with what felt like heavy weighting lifts around my arms, my eyes rolled out of annoyance and frustration. luckily my mother didn't see that.

Soon enough, I was tucked into bed after an exhausting day... a misery at its best... but aren't all my days like that?. I shut down my thoughts and slowly closed my eyes. Eventually I fell asleep.