-Chapter 2-

POV: Tails

There must be a reasonable explanation for this!

The kit peered at the hedgehog that was snacking on the chilli-dogs Sonic offered him earlier.

He slightly resembled Sonic, with the blue quills. The differences, though, were the crimson eyes instead of emerald green, his arms, muzzle, belly fur and the inside of his ears were blue-grey. There were also bundles of quills pointing upwards.

He kind of looks like a mix between Sonic and Shadow..?

"Yo, buddy! Do you think you can come up with an explanation for this?"
Sonic scratched the soft fur behind his ear, still trying to understand what exactly happened.

"I'm not sure myself. The emeralds caused some sort of reaction. Speaking of them, where are they?" Tails looked hopefully at the hedgehog.
Said hedgehog stiffened, his eyes widening.

" Uhh... They scattered." He said, sighing.

"Dang it."

Tails groaned.

Months of searching for the emeralds is wasted, yet again.

Tails grabbed the tip of one of his namesakes and fiddled with it, thinking of all the possible explanations.

"Something must've triggered the emeralds to turn Metal into that."

Sonic was about to say something when a thump was heard from the room. The two peered over the doorway to find the blue hedgehog laying face-first on the ground.

Sonic snickered, and went over to him. He grabbed the hedgehog's arm and helped him up.

Tails couldn't help but notice the size difference between the two. Metal was definitely thinner than his brother.

The former robot didn't look too happy, being helped to his feet by his enemy, but there was nothing he could do due to his inexperience with a mobian body.

"I think we're going to have to teach him how to walk." Said Sonic, tittering.

If looks could kill, Metal would've murdered Sonic by now.

Sonic didn't seem fazed by it, and helped his copy with walking.

"Alright, one foot after another. That's it!" Sonic cheered as Metal was able to walk up to the door by himself.

Tails took a look at the former robot's bare hands and feet.

"I think we need to get him some clothes." The kit stated awkwardly.

"Oh, right! How could I forget?" The azure hedgehog facepalmed, and rushed upstairs, most likely bringing something for Metal.

Tails waited, ignoring the glare sent by Metal. He sweatdropped, the decided to distract him with something.

"Wamt some more chilli-dogs?" He asked, and Metal stared at him, slightly nodding.

The kitsune hurriedly made his way to the kitchen, and grabbed some more chilli-dogs from the counter.

He came back, bumping into his elder brother.

"Save some for me!" He chuckled. In his hands were a pair of gloves, socks and shoes.

"Alright, Mets! These are some clothes that are a bit small for me, they may fit you." He handed the items to his copy.

Metal started at them, then attempted to put the gloves on. He ended up putting all of his fingers in the wrong spot. Blinking, Metal looked at Sonic.