Chapter 56

"I love you too, amore mio! And I can't wait for that as well!"

After 16h20min they finally landed in LA. Now it was Stefania's turn to get nervous, specially because she knew Danielle's parents would be there, waiting for them.

The cardiologist noticed her girlfriend's  panic and held her tighter while whispered:

"I've got you, baby girl. Everything is gonna be okay. Don't you ever forget that I love you so damn much!"

The Ob/Gyn sighed and held her girlfriend back, saying:

"I love you too, bambina."
"Baby, you don't need to be nervous. We can stay in a hotel if you feel more comfortable."
"No, bambina, I'm fine. It's okay, we don't need to go to a hotel."
"Are you sure, my love?"
"Sì 😁"
"Okay, let's make a deal. Anytime, if you think this is too much, you're gonna tell me and we can leave immediately to a hotel, right?"
"Bella, no..."
"Hey, kitten, it's okay. Maybe just for 1 or 2 days. I don't care. All I want is for you to feel comfortable,  princess."
"Have I told you latelly that I love you so much, MS Savre?"
"Mmm, actually you did it, but I love to listen to this over and over again. Come here."

And they kissed passionately.

After going through imigration, they headed to pick their bags up. At this moment, the italian's anxiety was killing her.

Danielle told her sister to go ahead to meet their parents that she would stay behind calming Stefania. So, they'd be right behind. Stephanie agreed and led the way. Before leaving, they went through the dutty free and bought a few more things.

When the orthopedist and her boyfriend came out, they found Randy and Kattie waiting for them. The couple asked about Danielle and Stefania and the blonde explained that the italian was a little nervous about meeting them and that her sister was trying to calm her down. Katie felt sorry for her daughter-in-law and Randy said that fear is meaninless as they already loved the Ob/Gyn as a daughter.

"Baby, do you want me to call Steph and ask her to take my parents home? We can head to a hotel and..."
"No amore mio. It's okay. I can do that."

The blue-eyed girl asked genuinely concerned:

"Are you sure, love?"
"Sì, bambina 🥰."

Danielle smiled huge.

"Not even the purest poetry contains the beauty of your closed eyes when you smile,  bambina. I love you! Let's go? Can you take me to meet my mom and dad-in-law in person?"
"Of course! Are you ready, my love?"
"More than ever!"

So that the blonde took her girlfriend's hands in hers, pecked her lips and led the way out of there, and hand in hand, they went through the arrival gate.

As soon as they appeared, Randy and Kattie ran to meet the girls in the middle path and immediately hugged them both.

"Dani, how are you, little princess?" Randy asked.
"I'm amazing, dad! Happier than ever."

Now it was Kattie's turn to hug her daughter.

"Hi my love. How are you?"
"Hi mom. I'm great. I want you to meet the love of my life. This is Stefania."
"Piacere." Said the hazel-eyed girl shyly.

Kattie didn't think twice and hugged the brunette.

"It's such a pleasure to know you, my daughter. I was looking foward to meet you in person, sweetie. Welcome to the family and to LA, Stefania!"

The italian doctor hugged her mother-in-law back, smiling huge. Randy cleaned his throat, waiting for his turn to hug his New daughter.  When Kattie let go of her, the older Savre hugged the Ob/Gyn.

"Stef, figlia mia. Welcome to the family, to the hospital and to LA! I hope you enjoy here."

The italian felt immediately welcomed.

"Thank you so much. I was looking forward to meet you in person as well."
"Well, let's go home, everyone? We can keep talking more comfortably." Kattie invited.
"Mmm, mom, we're going..."
"To go home with you, guys, for sure." Stefania cut her girlfriend,  surprising her.
"Are you sure?"  The cardiologist mouthed.
"Yes." The italian mouthed back, nodding and smiling.
"Okay, guys, let's go then." Randy said.

When they got at Danielle's family place, the couple.headed to kne of the guest rooms.

"Love, are you ok?"
"Perfetta, bella!" (Perfect, bella!)
"Really? Honey, if you want to, we can head to a hotel..."
"Bella, I'm good. I mean it. Your parents are adorable. I loved them!"

The blue-eyed girl smiled like a fool.

"Tomorrow we can start looking for our place, baby girl."
"Okay amore mio. Now let's get back there. They're waiting for us."
"Mmm, not until my gorgeous girlfriend give me a kiss."
"Mmm whatever you want, my goddess!"

After a tender kiss they went to meet the others.

"Dani, Stef, come join us." Randy invited. "Wine?" The old man offered.
"Sì, per favore." (Yes, please)
"Hahahaha, dad, now you won Stef's heart for good. Hahahaha."

Everybody laughed.

"Well, Steph, Connor, Dani, Stef, we want to tell you something."
"What is it, dad. Is everything okay?" Stephanie asked.
"Yes, princess. More than okay. Actually, we have an announcement.. "

The siblings exchanged a questioning look.

"Well, as you know, I always loved that hospital, and..."

Everyone's attention was on Randy.

"Well, I bought it.." The neuro-surgeon announced proudly.
"Oh my God, dad. Congratulations!"

The atmosphere was amazing. They talked about their future in the hospital. Danielle continued as head of cardiothoracic, Stephanie as head of orthopedics and Stefania as head of obstetrics.

"Dani, my daughter,  I'm sorry to bring this subject up, but what are you willing to do about..."
"Grey? Dad, Stef knows everything about him, you can talk openly about this."
"Yes, princess, I know. But I hate to bring this subject up, specialy now that you're so happy, but I need to know, sweetie."
"Dad, no problem at all. I mean it! Look, like I said, I'd like to keep him for now, because I don't want people questioning my professionalism. Connor is here and I know he's very valuable and will add a lot to cardiothoracic team. It's a matter of time for Grey to do something stupid and then we can get rid of him."
"Okay, princess. But will you be fine with that dispecable man around you? And you, Stef, how do you feel about that, daughter?"
"Dad, Grey won't be "around" me, he will just be in the same work environment. But Yes, as long as I don't have to operate with him, what would give him the wrong impression that he's allowed to invest in me again, I'll be fine. But if by chance there is any emergency where I need to share the operating room with him, I will also be safe, because I know how to defend myself very well against this idiot."
"Okay. And what about you, my dear Stef?"
"If.I say this idea makes me jump with happiness, I'd be lying. But I trust Danielle blindly and I understand her motives. In fact, I'd act the same way if I were in this situation. So yeah, I'm fine with all of this."
"All right. If we're all good, let's celebrate then. I want to make a toast."
"A toast?"
"Yes. To love, to Stefania - who brought your shining light back, to life and to our Professional life!"

The brunette was really happy and shy. Everyrhing was beyond perfect.

"Okay, let's do it!" Kattie said happily.
"Cheers!"