34. Pleasure

The relic of his vehement kisses was vibrant on her lips and neck, leaving tingles each time she thought about their interaction in the campus bathroom

The relic of his vehement kisses was vibrant on her lips and neck, leaving tingles each time she thought about their interaction in the campus bathroom. Her troubled heartbeat fluttered all throughout her body, heat rising on her cheeks as a natural response to his militant lips, and the what-ifs that appeared in her mind if they had continued their act of frustration.

She found her nails between her teeth, blankly staring at Jeongguk as he quickly reviewed the topic they had learned that day in class.

It was difficult trying to listen when her mind was fluffy and fogged with reflections that shouldn't have been appropriate during a study session.

She crossed her legs, forcing herself to get out of such a nebulous reverie.

As Jeongguk continued forth with a lecture, she decided she needed to escape her current mindset. To truly focus on the course and not waste any more of Jeongguk's time.

"So, we had learned fluid dynamics a few weeks ago," Jeongguk continued, clearing his throat. "And this time, we are learning quantum mechanics, which is just a shorter version of a theory that provides descriptions of the many physical properties of nature at the scale of atoms and subatomic particles." He flawlessly defined the topic by pure memory.

"Yeah, something like that." Hanni muttered, receiving a laugh from the man beside her.

"And he assigned homework, did you get around to doing that?" Jeongguk questioned, looking over at her.

"I did, actually." Hanni said, flipping the pages over to the list of five questions she had already answered.

Which was a rather big surprise for even herself. She couldn't even focus properly in class, and she was still able to answer all the complex questions Jin had assigned as homework.

"Great," Jeongguk applauded her diligence. "I can check them and see if they're correct, now." He insisted.

Hanni moved her notebook closer to him. "But, if some are wrong, cut me some slack." She began, "It was a difficult concept to understand... that and it was hard to focus."

"Oh, I know." Jeongguk placed his glasses up closer to his nose, taking a close look at her work.

Hanni suddenly became antsy, chewing her lower lip as she watched Jeongguk go through her answers at such a meticulous pace. It was strange, she invariably became so worried each time he had to grade her papers, but this time, it was worse.

She would hate to make a fool of herself in front of him. Especially now that their relationship was in such a gray area, friends but also not friends.

Because, what two friends find themselves in a situation where they both end up in a bathroom and spend a pleasing four minutes alone, simply sharing an intimate moment?

It seemed wrong, and likely harmful to the relationship they had spent months building to trust one another, but once she felt his lips roam her body, holding her close to his stern figure, she didn't want it to end. She wanted more. More of him. More of the gentle love, and admiration he had to offer. More of those conversations that would lead her closer to his delicate heart.