introduction

ALL CHARACTERS AND EVENTS IN THIS FANFICTION— EVEN THOSE BASED ON REAL PEOPLE— ARE ENTIRELY FICTIONAL. ALL CHARACTERS PERSONALITIES ARE IMPERSONATED... POORLY. THE FOLLOWING PROGRAM CONTAINS COURSE LANGUAGE AND DUE TO ITS CONTENT SHOULD NOT BE VIEWED BY ANYONE.

My name is Craig Tucker. I am 17 years old and I live in South Park, Colorado. I recently graduated from South Park High and I will start college at the University of Denver in 2 weeks.

Craig:
It was a Sunday morning in August when I was rudely woken up to the yelling of my father

"CRAIG DOWNSTAIRS NOW 👹"

Jesus christ. What could I have possibly have done this time? I stood up and but on some blue flannel pajama pants and an oversized black NASA t-shirt. I wore it too often but it was so comfortable. As I was headed to go downstairs a hit my hip into my dresser. (which hurt a lot actually) This caused a few books to fall, one of which being my 4th grade year book. It fell open to the page with signatures from all of my classmates. I could remember most of them because I had gone all through high school with them, one caught my eye though, it was just a phone number scribbled down with the words "I'll miss you ❤️" I tried look for clues to whom the number belonged to but found nothing.

"CRAIG NOW 👨‍🦲"

I was in trouble for leaving the toilet seat up. A few years back my friend Clyde made the same mistake and killed his mom. I just flipped my dad off and ran back to my room. All I could think about was whose number it was.

As soon as I was back in my room I searched my contacts to see if the number was saved, nothing. I tried to remmeber who it could be, "I'll miss you ❤️" maybe it was one of my little girlfriends, thought I don't really remember having any. I don't know why this kids number was so intriguing to me, I was really bored. I typed the number into the keypad and hesitantly hit call. It rung 4 times before I heard a voice on the other line.

"GAH- who is this?"

"oh hi i'm-"

"DO YOU WORK FOR THE NORTH KOREANS?"

"what no I-"

"that's exactly what someone who worked for the North Koreans would say"

What was up with this kid and North Korea?

"Listen Goddammit, just chill for a minute okay?"

"okay... okay i'm chill"

"Good. I was calling because I found your number in my elementary school yearbook, did you by any chase go to South Park Elementary?"

"HOW DID YOU KNOW?"

Man, this kids voice was REALLY squeaky.

"Hey, chill I went there too, but I don't seem to remember you."

"Oh I left after 4th grade, my anxiety got to me and I couldn't handle it. I'm home schooled now."

"Oh, we'll who are you then?"

"I don't just give that out for free ya know. What if you really do work for North Korea?"

"Whatever, tell me about yourself."

"Oh well um I just turned 18 earlier this month, my parents own a business... oh and I'm gay.

He's gay? score. I didn't really know what to say after that because I hadn't told anyone I was gay myself yet.

"Well? you're turn."

"Uh... gottagobye"

I hung up and exhaled deeply. I didn't even ask for his name? Whatever I'm just gonna drop the topic.

| time skip a few hours |
It was about 9:00pm and I was laying in my bed listen to music on my headphones. I stared at the light up star stickers I stuck to my ceiling in 4th grade. I couldn't help but think about the "Phone boy" (thats what I decided to call him until I gathered more info on him) 

Ya know what? Screw this I'm calling again
I went into my recent calls and called him. Once again, it rang four times and then was answered.

"GAH- is this North Korea?"

"No kid, it's just me again"

"oh of course, I'd recognize that emotionless voice anywhere"

My voice was pretty monotoned, I'll give him that.

"So why'd you call again"

"Oh... I don't know"

I really didn't know, why was I so attached this mystery boy. The line went quiet for a second, I had thought he hung up so I walked a few feet from the phone.

"Wanna hear what happened today at the store?"

I didn't say anything but he took this as a yes

"So basically I was just trying to write a name on the cup when the marker ran out of ink so I was to get another one and this guy started screaming at me and I got really freaked out... bla bla coffee... some guy... spilled...

I wasn't really listening to be honest, I just liked the sound of his voice. Ew what that was so corny. It was true though, I liked listening to him, the way his voice went higher when he got to the climax of the story and the slight sass he put into impressions of customers. I just closed my eyes and let him finish.

"And so that's basically it... Hello?... You still there?... Did I just tell the whole story to a wall?- GAH"

"No no i'm here"

"Oh good, we'll it's almost 11 already so i'm gonna go to sleep, goodnight"

11 already? He'd been talking for almost two hours and I still hadn't gotten any info on who he could be, maybe I should've listened a little more. I lie awake in bed and tried to remember some key words. Something about a marker running out and a customer getting mad? And a spilled coffee cup maybe?... That's it. Coffee.

I practically flew out of bed and onto my computer for a quick google search. I typed "Coffee shops in South Park"
It's a small town so there should be many right?
(I'm not a big fan of coffee so I wouldn't know) As i predicted there was 1 result, "Tweak Bros Coffee" Bingo.