Late Night Visit

Skip to chapter 3 if you want anything spicy right away😉 ENJOY!!!!!💕💕💕
—————————————————————————

I wake up to the sound of the front door unlocking.

I perch up from the couch scanning the open kitchen for my phone.
I lost track of time watching Grease and eating ice cream with eight year old Anne. I'm supposed to be babysitting which means being super responsible. Now her moms going to catch me letting Anne stay up way past her bed time.

I spot my phone on the kitchen counter where I was scooping our ice cream.

I get up as quickly as I can trying not to wake up sleeping Anne on the couch. After turning off the tv, I swipe up our bowls and spoons and walk swiftly over the kitchen sink.

I grab my phone to check the time, It's only ten-o'clock. Anne's mom isn't supposed to be home for another two hours. Why is she so early?

I slide my phone into the back pocket of my jeans and start washing the after math of our ice cream fiasco.

I pretend like I don't hear Anne's mom when she walks through the door way of the open kitchen. How can I explain why Anne's not in bed and why i'm washing dishes at 10 p.m.

"You're sure up late."

That voice definitely didn't come from a forty-five year old woman. I turn off the water and turn around, leaning my lower back against the edge of the counter.

The man in front of me definitely isn't a forty-five year old woman. He's leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed.

I don't know if I should be intimidated or turned on.

This man has at least a foot on me and looks like he could throw me around with a flick of his wrist.

I cross my arms mocking his stance as we continue to keep our eye contact.
He's starting to smirk and I can feel the blood rushing to my face.

"Just cleaning up."

He nods his head in my direction.

"Carry on."

He doesn't move from his spot in the door way. I turn around turning on the faucet and continuing where I left off.

I can feel his eyes on me but I ignore it.

I keep rinsing off the remainder of the ice cream off our spoons as I hear foot steps coming in my direction from behind.

"I see you never put Anne in bed."

I roll my eyes.

"What's your name."

I grab a hand towel keeping my back towards him as I dry off a bowl.

"Mason. You?"

I try to stay as confident and put together as one can when a super hot stranger is burning holes in to the back of your head.

"Mason for a girls name, I like that. Gavin."

"Well, Gavin. Anne said shed never seen Grease before. It was eight when we started the movie."

I pick up both of the now dry bowls and carry them over to their designated cabinet to put away.

"I guess we fell asleep."

I look over at Gavin, he took my place a few feet away from me drying off mine and Anne's spoons at the sink.

I wonder if he's sleeping here tonight.
Maybe he was dropping by to see Anne's mom.
None of that explains why he's showing up so late. Does he live here?

I hop up on the counter letting my eyes follow him put away the rest of the dishes.

If he lives here then maybe I'll see him the next time I babysit Anne.

I met this man not even twenty minutes ago and i'm already thinking about when i'm going to get to see him again.

Gavin shuts the silverware drawer and faces me straight on resting one hand on the counter and one hand on his hip.

The eye contact and the awkward silence is making my skin crawl. I can tell Gavin is nervous by the way he's tensed up making his already noticeable muscles ten times more prominent in his fitted henley.

"Gavin?"

A little voice calls out from across the room. Me and Gavin look over at the couch at the same time. Anne is sitting up rubbing the sleep away from her eyes.

"Why are you home so early?"

This is his home.

Anne doesn't look so tired anymore now that she's fully comprehend Gavin's arrival.

"You still have five more days of collage don't you? I've been counting."

Collage, Gavin is in collage.
That means he's graduated from high school and i'm assuming a little over the age of eight-teen.

Gavin plays a sweet smile on his face as he walks over to Anne.

"Let's get you to bed shall we."

Anne reaches out and Gavin gently picks her up. She lays in his arms like a little princess as they make their way up the stairs.