Movie?

I'm sitting at the island with my head down waiting off some time.
I feel a comforting hand run down the length of my upper arm causing me to sit up.

Gavin walks from behind me to the opposite side of the island. He crosses his arms and leans on the counter containing eye contact. He doesn't say a word. He just stares.
If any other guy did everything Gavin's doing, it would make me uncomfortable. But I want to learn more. To do more. To see more.

Gavin runs a hand through his short black hair brushing lost strands back into place.
"Who are you."
What does he mean who are you?
It's not like I know much about him either.
"What do you mean."

"I mean who are you. What are you doing here. Are you like a friend of Sheryl's? Or a baby sitter or something?"

"Or something."

"Morgan."

"Yes I am babysitting Anne. I have for a few weeks now."

"hmm,"

Gavin bring his hands together now leaning on his four arms for support.

"How old are you?"

This is starting to feel like an interrogation. I like interrogating, I don't like being interrogated. But I have questions of my own so Ill tolerate it.

"I'm twenty-two, what about you. How old are you?"

The corner of his mouth lifts up as he stands straight up crossing his arms across his chest.
I subconsciously sit back on the bar stool and cross my arms too.

"I just turned twenty-three in August. Anne's my niece, Sheryl is my older sister."

Gavin turns and heads towards the fridge grabbing out two water bottles. He hands me one after already opening his, tilting the head of the water bottle in my direction before taking a sip.
I watch him for a second before unscrewing the cap and taking a drink of my own.

"She's never seen Grease?"

I choke on the water I have yet to swallow bursting into laughter. Gavin laughs along with me. His laugh is cute for a grown man.

He stops laughing and is just looking at me. I realize now that i've been staring. He still has a faint smile on his face as we sit and look at each other.

Gavin clears his throat before walking towards the big grey sectional that's taking up the majority of the living room.
"Want to watch a movie?"

I look at him skeptical but without hesitation nod my head. My brain is telling me to say no, that this is a stranger you just met. But my body's telling me that this man is far to hot and Y.O.L.O.

I push my self up from the bar stool. When I get to the living room Gavin's already made himself comfortable on the couch. He pats the seat next to him as he scrolls through Netflix to find a movie.

Gavin seems like a one night stand collage frat, that spends their weekends partying or at the gym. The kind of guy I would not go for. But what
do I have to lose. Gavin is the first guy in two months that i've been remotely interested in.
Mate Rife does not count.

I sit down next to him keeping a friendly distance between us. Gavin hasn't taken his eyes off the tv since we sat down.

"What are we watching."

When I ask the question Gavin takes his focus off the tv and puts it on me.

"How about a scary movie."

I scrunch my face up shaking my head. Gavin reaches an arm over and nudges my shoulder.

"Come on, don't be a scaredy-cat."
Him teasing me makes me like him a bit more.
"Scary movies are fiction. Plus i'm right here if you get scared."

Gavins smiling and winks at me, causing my whole face to turn a light shade of pink.

"Fine we can watch a scary movie."

Gavin seems satisfied with my agreement and I can see his face light up.

"But just know if I get to scared and can't sleep tonight, i'm gonna make sure you can't either."

"Oh yeah? And how are you gonna do that?"

I pause not thinking that sentence through.
Gavin laughs at the obvious expression on my face that's giving away the fact that I have no combat.

"Deal. If you watch a scary movie, I will take the threat and know I will not sleep tonight."

"Whatever." I say rolling my eyes with a smile on my face.