The Angel Part 1

"To me my X-men" the words rang through the heads of all the teammates. (Y/n) and Kurt, who happened to be together quickly looked at each other before the fuzzy elf grabbed his friends arm and teleported them to the hangar bay, where they somehow knew the Professor would be.

"What's going on professor?" (Y/n) asked as they appeared in front of the jet and the professor who sat in front of it.

Professor X looked to the door and a moment later Kitty pulled Billy through it with her. "Now that you're all here I'll begin" he spoke as he lead them onto the jet. "An old friend of mine, and former X-men, doctor Hank McCoy, called me an hour ago to fill me in on a situation"

The professor rolled over to the jets controls as everyone strapped themselves into their seats. "Warren Worthington the third, does anyone recognize that name?"

"Isn't Warren Worthington the guy who's working on that mutant cure?" Kitty quickly asked causing (y/n) to get a disgusted look before quickly composing himself.

"That would be Warren Worthington the second" Charles spoke as he started up the jet. "This is his son, the young man I asked you about" the professor held out a tablet with a picture on it as the plane took off.

 "This is his son, the young man I asked you about" the professor held out a tablet with a picture on it as the plane took off

"An Angel?" Kurt asked with a surprised look.

"The Angel! He saved a woman from a house fire in New York last week" (y/n) quickly spoke with a smile before it faded away. "So I guess this means he's not an actual Angel then?"

"Correct" the professor spoke as he put the tablet back on his lap. "Although that is what the more spiritual of the public believes Warren is actually a mutant. Doctor McCoy has been in contact with the boy and informed me that he believes his recent actions have been his own form of acting out against his father, who has his entire life made Warren feel like there was something wrong with him"

Kurt let out a small hiss at the idea. Everyone in the plane had experienced that sort of thing before, although in their cases it had never been from their own parents.

"So what are we here to do?" Billy asked what they were all thinking. "Recruiting him to the school?"

"That would be ideal" the professor replied before gaining a more grim look. "However the reason we're here is because the government have captured the boy and his father has pulled some strings in order to get the boy held in confinement until his so called cure is finished"

"But you can't just cure mutation!" Kitty interrupted.

"No. You can't" Professor X agreed. "Which is why instead of letting that boy rot in there you four are going to break him out"

"Prison break? Sweet!" (Y/n) smirked as he looked over to everyone else who he only now realized were all in full costume. "How come they all have costumes and I only have this Hawaiian shirt? I mean they've had them for weeks but still"

"I invited you to our costume making session" Kitty crossed her arms as she looked down at her cute blue costume. "You were to busy remember?"

"Was that the day I spent with Jubes or was that the day I spent failing to learn how to bake a cake?" (Y/n) asked with a confused look.

"The day you went to Dazzler's concert" Billy quickly piped in.

"You went to a Dazzler concert and didn't invite me?" Kitty quickly asked with an annoyed look.

"It was the last seat they had!" (Y/n) quickly defended himself. "I'll ask her to reserve two for her next concert"

"Can I also come?" Kurt asked after another moment.

—————————————————————

"B team in position" Billy whispered into his earpiece as he and (y/n) stood in the sewers bellow the prison.

"Alright cool" Kitty's whispering voice replied through the device. "We're going in"

"Why are we B team?" (Y/n) asked as he glanced at Billy. "We could demolish this place in a second with our powers"

"Wouldn't exactly be stealthy" Billy shrugged as he glanced upwards at where the building above was. "Those two are better for that"

"I guess so" (y/n) sighed as he glanced upwards as well. "But you could literally make the floor beneath him crumble and fall until he's down here with us. Then you could reassemble it all in a second"

"That takes a lot out of me" Billy shrugged. "I'm getting better with it but still"

"Alright" (y/n) nodded before going silent for a moment before again speaking into his earpiece. "K team, you guys found him yet?"

"Yep. I'm phasing through the security cameras and taking them out. Then we'll extract Angel" Kitty's voice quietly responded. "Then I'll phase us all down to you if everything goes right"

"Alright cool... cool" (y/n) responded as he tapped his hands against his leg. "So we're really not doing anything this mission?"

"Hopefully not" Kitty replied.

(Y/n) frowned as he glanced around his surroundings. "Kitty Kat you better hope something goes wrong. If we had to come to these smelly sewers for no reasons I'm going to kick your ass. It'll be at least ten showers before we smell normal again"

"Ew" He could hear the disgust in the girls voice. "Alright I'm coming up on Angels cell now. Turning off comms" it suddenly went silent.

(Y/n) looked at Billy who shrugged. "Surprisingly not the worst sewers I've ever been I-" Billy was quickly cut off by the sounds of explosions above before the three mutants quickly fell down, Kitty landing in (y/n)'s arms as Warren and Kurt fell to the ground.

"Go, go, go!" Kitty yelled as the boys stood up and she got out of her friends arms, her nose scrunching up from the smell of the place. They all quickly ran as more explosions sounded from up above.

"What happened?!" Billy quickly asked as they ran towards the way they had come in.

"Our new friend's guard was a mutant!" Kurt quickly spoke.

(Y/n) quickly stopped running which made everyone bump into him. "Since our team leader didn't think of it I'm giving the order-" Kitty glared at him. "Kurt teleport us out of here"

Kurt quickly grabbed Angel's prison uniformed arm while everyone else grabbed onto Kurt. Suddenly they were out in the middle of the air.  "Ah!" They all started to fall.

Warren's wings quickly extended and ripped the back of his shirt open as he grabbed hold of the blue devil and held him in the air.

Billy used his chaos magic to make himself fly before looking to his cousin and Kitty.

(Y/n) was using a trick his grandfather had taught him to keep himself and Kitty afloat. He used his powers on the metal throughout his suit to keep him up while he did the same with the steel toed boots kitty was wearing. She unfortunately didn't have any other metal in her outfit so she had to try very hard not to lose balance and fall backwards.

"That's the prison" Warren pointed to the building he had just escaped from.

"We need to get out of their sight before meeting up with the professor!" Kitty yelled out as Warren began quickly flying away while holding Kurt and the others were quick to follow behind him.

Word count: 1267

(Anything in particular you'd like to see in this book?)