Mutants In The Modern World

"Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh Duh, Duh Duh Duh, Duh Duh Duh" Quicksilver hummed the mission impossible theme to himself as he sped into the top secret government factory.

The speedster quickly came to a stop after he entered the factory floor and phased through the cameras to cut the wires and deactivate them

The speedster quickly came to a stop after he entered the factory floor and phased through the cameras to cut the wires and deactivate them. "Alright I'm in" he quickly spoke into his earpiece.

"Well done Pietro" his fathers voice spoke in return. "Do you see the sentinels?"

"Nah I'm in the factory" Pietro replied quickly. "Figured I'd do the warehouse next" he quickly began disassembling the assembly line.

"Alright then. Take apart the-"

"Assembly line now in itty bitty pieces" the speedster spoke as he began zooming to the warehouse. He quickly took apart all the sentinels before his father even had another chance to speak. "So are the sentinels"

"Perfect" the other man replied. "Move onto the next facility. We don't want any of these things activated"

—————————————————————

"Our sources close to the president say that the facilities hit were housing new medicines that were to be tested. Although this is a setback they believe they should be able to get them up and tested soon en-" the television was turned off by the speedster who was now sitting back on the couch.

"We should have just exposed them" Pietro spoke as he glanced at his father.

"Most of the world would have agreed with the need for the sentinels" Magneto spoke as he stared out the window. He wore his helmet to make sure Charles knew nothing of this.

"Especially after seeing how easily we can expose their secrets" Wanda Maximoff, Pietro's sister spoke in agreement with her father as she leaned against the wall by his side, looking at her brother.

Pietro let out a small laugh prompting Erik to turn from the window to his son. "Back in the old days that wouldn't have mattered to you. It's weird how much you've changed"

"I still don't care for those retched homo sapiens but I understand now that it is not our place to wipe them out like they've tried before to do to our people" Magneto spoke, not referring to mutants when he spoke of their people. "However that does not mean we should let them do the same to us. Hence our actions last night. What Charles doesn't know won't kill him"

Pietro nodded as he stared at the blank tv screen. "So we're just gonna keep doing this forever and ever? They'll build more sentinels. They always will"

Magneto didn't respond as he turned back to the window. "You have a class to teach Pietro. Wanda you should go back to the avengers, they're going up against Mister Sinister, they'll need your help"

The two siblings quietly glanced at each other before nodding and leaving their father alone in his room.

—————————————————————

"These people are animals" (y/n) muttered as he watched the riot going on right in front of where the cloaked jet was landing. The riot had started as one of the usual anti mutant protests but had quickly devolved into a bloodbath. People had been trampled, stabbed, and from the looks of it one guy was on fire.

Nobody on the jet tried to defend actions of the people outside. Kitty quickly grabbed (y/n) and Billy before phasing them out of the jet while nightcrawler teleported Angel and himself. "It's the devil!" One person yelled as they saw Kurt.

"Enough!" Warren quickly flew into the sky, his wings flapping, drawing attention from the crowd with his angelic form.

"He really does look like an Angel" Billy muttered causing Kitty to nod in agreement. Billy's hands then quickly glowed blue before the crowd started falling asleep one by one.

"Get that mutant!" One woman yelled right before falling asleep.

"Back off!" (Y/n) quickly got in front of Billy and activated his powers. Two girders from a nearby construction sight quickly flew over to them and got between the mutants and the crowd. "Come any closer and I'll crush you all!" some of the crowd stopped but most didn't pay the boy any attention.

"Don't antagonize them!" Kitty yelled as she watched (y/n) push the girders, causing the people in its way to fall backwards. As this happened more and more fell asleep from Billy's spell.

(Y/n) turned back to kitty and spoke "Kitty grab Billy so they can't interfe-" the boy fell backwards as he was hit in the head with a baseball. "Who takes a baseball to a protest?!" He groaned as he rubbed his head. The humans started to push the girders out of the way only to be quickly knocked out by the constantly teleporting Kurt.

"You okay?" Warren asked as he landed down beside (y/n) and helped him up.

"Yeah" (y/n) groaned as he looked around, at this point most of the rioters were unconscious and the last few were starting to run away.

Billy let out a breath before falling to his knees as he stopped using his powers. "That was a lot of people" he sighed as Kitty helped him back to his feet.

"It's not the number here that scares me, it's the fact that this is the second riot we've stopped this week" (y/n) spoke as he walked over to Kitty and Billy. He quickly supported his cousin so that Kitty no longer had to.

"Yeah. It's definitely concerning" Kitty frowned as Kurt teleported over to them so they were all there.

"That's a nicer word than I'd use" (y/n) muttered before starting to walk Billy back to the jet. "Let's get out of here before the police get here" he spoke as they started hearing sirens in the distance.

"They sure took their time" Warren spoke as everyone else followed back to the jet.

"Of course they did. Chicago police are corrupt as hell" (y/n) spoke as they approached the jet and it opened for them.

"I'm sure they aren't all bad" Kitty frowned as she followed the boys inside.

"You have more faith in them than I do then" (y/n) replied as Warren nodded in agreement.

Word count: 1052

(Where do you think this story is going right now? I'm curious as to your thoughts)