Something's wrong with Addison

Addison and Bree finally made it to the hospital after driving for what Addison thinks is 50 hours, but is actually 20 minutes. Once they get in the waiting room, the doctors take Addison back, while Bree paces back and forth. A little while later, Zed and Bonzo practically run in to the hospital, while Wyatt slowly Carries in Eliza. "Where's Addison!?", Zed asks, "the doctors took her back about an hour and a half ago, but they haven't told me anything", Bree replies. About 15 minutes later, the nurse comes in, "hello, are you all the friends of miss wells?", "yes", Bree replies, "Addison is going to be ok, and I'm sure she can tell you all everything soon, but for now I need to know which one of you is Zed", the nurse asks, "I am", Zed replies, "Addison has been asking to see you the entire time, and I told her I would come get you so you could see her", the nurse replies before walking away. "I'll go in first, then I'll come get you when Addison's ready", Zed replies before walking away into Addison's room.
Zed stands outside of Addison's room for 10 minutes, figuring out what to say to her. Finally, Zed walks in, "Zed!", Addison exclaims, before reaching her arms out to hug him. Zed gives her a hug, but not too tight. "What happened to you?", Zed asks, "the doctor told me that when I recharged the alien's ship, some fragments from the electricity went through my body into my ribs, and every time I used my powers after that day, more fragments went right to my ribs, building up over time, and tonight it nearly burst, and if I use my powers again before it can heal, it could be bad, like, critically injured bad", Addison replies, "well, then you just don't use your alien powers until it can heal", Zed replies, "so, can I go get everyone else?", Zed asks, "of course", Addison replies. When everyone walks in, the first thing she says is, "why is Wyatt still bridal style carrying Eliza?