Chapter 12

Angela's POV:

No birthday celebration for me! You think I can still celebrate my birthday after what happened yesterday? Nuh-uh!

I still feel bad for not helping Jk. I wonder how he is right now.

I went down to the kitchen to grab breakfast. After breakfast I did my morning routine.

~~~~~~

School. Ugh! I have to sit next to Jk. I'll just shut my mouth till dismissal.

What makes me feel more sad is that nobody, as in nobody greeted me a happy birthday.

~~~~~~

Dismissal. I was on my way home when I got a message.

It's from mom.

Mom: Hey! Come home early. I want you to meet some friends.

My eyes began to water. Even my mom forgot about my special day. Sigh.

I got home but no one's in there. I just made my way to the backyard to relax. Maybe mom is on her way.

I walked by the pool and dipped my foot. I can't believe everyone forgot my birthday. Even James!

Suddenly someone poked my back. I turn around and saw my family and all my friends.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGELA!"

I didn't said anything. Instead, I smacked James right in the head.

"Ow! What was that for?" "For making me think that you forgot about my birthday. And for not talking to me the whole school day. And for leaving me at lunch yesterday."

"About that. Sorry! Haha! Me and James were planning about this yesterday. So, do you like it?" Jk interrupted.

"The hell! How would I like it?!" I yelled.

Their faces were uhh.

"Hey! Don't you guys frown face at me! I don't like it. I freaking LOVE it!" After saying that the next thing I know is that I'm wet.

Those idiots. James and Jk pushed me to the pool.

They were all laughing. I was facing James and Jk's back. I pulled their arms.

"Seriously?! I'm wearing my favorite watch!" James. "Shut it! I'll just buy you a new one."

The surprise party went on.

~~~~~~

We're cleaning the backyard now.

"Let's just do this tomorrow. Let's get some rest. The two of you, just sleep here. Get comfy at the guest room. We have some boy clothes there."

"But uncle doesn't know." Jk said.

"Let mom take care of that." I made my way to my room.

~~~~~~

I can't sleep. I still feel guilty.

I sneaked into the guest room. Jk is still up. I motioned him to come.

"You okay?" -Jk

"Tbh, no. I feel guilty for yesterday. I saw you get beat up by those bullies and I didn't do anything to help you. I'm sorry." I looked at the floor.

"Hey! Why are you saying sorry? You didn't do anything wrong" He lifted my head up.

"Yes, I did. I could've done something. You know I can take care of them." I looked away "You know I'm one of the boys and those bullies are scared of me."

"I don't want you to get involved. I don't want you to get in trouble. You're my best friend."

"Sorry. Sorry for not doing anything." I didn't waited for his answer. I hurriedly made my way to my room.

~~~~~~

Staring at the ceiling has been my hobby now.

This is not right. I shouldn't feel this way.

I'm falling in love with Jk.