Chapter 1

I felt the crowd around me rush forward as I was pulled out of my thoughts. I noticed the green light had turned red before, I too like the others, rushed to the other side.

It's funny how I ended up here out of all the places. New York has always been my dream city but I never thought of the possibility of me living here. Since I was baby, my parents were always a town person than a city person. They were so attached to towns that they won't even let me visit any city because according to them 'city is where peace ends and people go crazy'. As I was kid back then, always looking up to my parents, I believed them.

But that all changed when things went downhill and I was sent to a foster home at the age of eleven. When I turned eighteen, I moved out and started living on my own on the money that my parents had left behind. But it wasn't enough for my education nor the highly priced rents of NY apartments. And that was when I realised that living in New York on your own is a lot more harder.

I have been looking for a job since three weeks after I was fired from my previous work. In my defence, I merely said anything to that girl in comparison to what she said. Just because I forgot to give her a coke doesn't give her the right to call me self absorbed bitch. If I was the manager, I would've kicked that girl out. But no, my manager thought that mistakes are 'inhuman' and I need to be 'perfect'. So he fired me.

I stopped walking when I saw the Cafe's sign. My friend, Kat, advised me to apply for job here as the manager here is the most sweetest person on earth and hasn't rejected anyone for work in 3 years.

But you see, I have a tiny bit doubt that she might be wrong cause she has habit of telling false info. Like the time when she told a friend group from our class that One Direction just got back on track and are performing in Manhattan that night.

I remember them screaming so loud and buying the tickets online so quickly that they didn't even check whose concert it is. The next thing they knew, they were at a concert of a band named 'The Funky Monkeys'. And from the look of their faces the next day, they had a terrible time there and were pissed as hell on Kat. In my defence, I did advised them to recheck their tickets or something but according to them 'One Direction is more important'.

Too bad it was The Funky Monkeys that were 'important'

I was pulled out of my thoughts when a guy bumped my shoulders and rushed past me not even bothering a small 'sorry'. Guess he must be very busy then. Whatever.

I let out a sigh and gave myself a small encouragement of 'I can do this, I can get the job' because if I don't then let's just say I won't ever get a job here as I tried every shop and restaurant in New York. Which is also the reason why I considered Kat's advise.

I opened the door to the Cafe as the small bells above me started ringing.

God, people still have those on their door?

The cafe's interior is very simple and sophisticated and I can't believe how I never came across this place before. (I am a fan of simple cafés that gives peaceful vibes) The atmosphere is filled with the aroma of coffee beans and vanilla. I went to the counter where a young woman who looks slightly older than me, was taking an order of a customer. As soon as the customer left, I stepped forward.

"Hey, welcome to Blossom's Cafe, what can I get you?" She asked in a voice that I could relate. Tired and bored.

"Hey, I was actually here for a job. My friend, Kat , told me that you were looking for some baristas?" I said in the most pleasant way as I could.

"I'm sorry miss, but we already have a lot of applicants, I don't think the manager would say yes but I'll ask her nonetheless. Just wait a min here," then she went behind the doors, probably to ask her manager.