𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

eastyn sat in the locker room as she put her hair up in a ponytail. it was now the lesson before lunch, and for once her mood wasn't all ruined because of history. instead, she got to spend the lesson in the auditorium for volleyball since it was very hot outside.

"bro i love volleyball" one of her classmates said.

"i don't"

"you hate all sports, what do you even do eli?"

eli playfully rolled her eyes before shoving the ball to her best friend to which she obviously caught it, "so, you made up with lover boy yet?"

"you know what why don't you say it louder so everyone can hear our conversation" eastyn remarked sarcastically as she gave eli a shoulder pass.

"haha" eli fake laughed, "let's move back cause it's so crowded here"

eastyn sighed before taking steps backward, well too many steps considering she bumped into someone and lost her balance, "sorry" she quickly apologized before turning around.

there stood matt with his hair wet due to the sweat on his forehead, he wore a tank top with the number 1 on it as he had a basketball wrapped under his armpit.

the two glared at each other before tucker wrapped an arm around her shoulder joyfully, "hey eastyn" he smiled at her to which she returned the gesture back. the boy turned to look at matt only to nearly jump from the daggers the boy was sending him, "yo matt"

matt only silently nodded his head as he clenched his jaw, before shaking his head as he watched eastyn go back to her coach due to her blowing the whistle.

matt sighed as he looked back to see eli before she gave him a shrug and followed eastyns steps.

after training for a little bit, eastyns coach put the girls into teams of six so they could play volleyball matches to see who the best team was.

it was now the second round and eastyns team won the first round due to her passing the ball to the other side mostly.

everyone stood in their places, crouching down slightly for their ready position. once her coach blew the whistle, you could hear people feet leaving the floor then landing on it once again. you could hear the squeals every time one of the teams scored.

it was now a tie between eastyns teams and the opposite team. she took a deep breath as she looked at the ball, her set position being ready. after a few seconds, she hit the ball as it flew to the other side, the opposite team returned the ball to eastyns team but instead of one of the members passing the ball back, they crouched down last minute sending the ball straight at eastyns head.

she collapsed on the floor due to the balls hit being pretty hard. the girl blinked continuously as she could see blurry figures going to help her out, the faint of calling her name fogging her vision till all she could see and hear was black.

"what the hell happened!" matt quickly ran to an unconscious eastyn. he looked down at her before sending the coach a nod gesturing that he would take her to the nurse.

he wrapped his left arm under her back while the other arm held the bottom of her knees. he sighed before carrying the girl and rushing to the nurses office.