ⓅⓇⓄⓁⓄⒼⓊⒺ

I'm the slave to my own legacy.

╭-°-✞-˚✧❨✧˚-✞-°-╮

The brewed storm past midnight concealed the footsteps of a sprinting man, amidst the everflowing rain. The resonating blare of the sky's wrath obscured the trail he left. An apparent outlaw who had done atrocious crimes to countless members of a certain 'helping' hands society.

But was it really him? Or was it the sin of forgery, the art of framing perhaps? He just seemed inconvenient for the 'society'. Especially since he had evidence in his hands.

'Shit! Shit! Shit!'

Running in a maze of alleyways he managed to scurry off a few from his trail. Leaving one last, clenching the hilt of one's blade. The man was greeted by an unwelcome dead end, merely seconds away from being discovered. Merely seconds away from the beast reaching to its prey.

On the verge of despair to the point where he felt as if he was already being led to hell, his luck finally gleamed at once, a silver lining that was long-awaited. The man's last hope for a chance to breathe was a run down back door that led to an old, ramshackled building. Not thinking twice, he barged into it instinctively for his damned survival.

.
.
.

His eyes remained closed as he was short on breath, sighing in relief before coming back to his senses. He had to move, now. He knew it wouldn't end just here.

Or will it?

The nameless man stood before an empty hallway, his eyes widened at the sight of a grandeured vitality sensed in the baroque architecture. It was something that could come out of a renaissance painting.

The intricate detail to be noticed within every corner of the building, the glorious chandelier that hung from the gold embellished ceiling was certainly made to be the center of attention.

He was struck in admiration, it was never evident to him that such a place existed. The intoxicating views reeled him in further, slowly losing his sentience. The man reawakened from a trance as a realization hit him.

It was impassable how a massive infrastructure, let alone one as palatial as this to exist within a shabby guesthouse that was barely two floors high. He didn't have to spell it out for himself. Something's eerily, uncannily wrong.

He frustratedly turned around with an anxious hunch residing with him. Analyzing the area that surrounded him, the conclusion was already made before he could even think. Behind him was just a wall.

It's as if there was never a door in the first place.

'This is damnation..' The perturbed reality was irritatingly disturbing. His own confusion and ill at ease were drowning him. A single step made him feel like he was already going mad.

His body felt lighter yet heavier at the same time. He struggled in breathing by the second, his heart palpitating at an accelerating rate for an unknown reason. The endless halls rejected every law of the universe.

He walked through the infinite paths that extended endlessly. There were rooms all locked, with numbers showcased on the doors. '725.. 726.. 727..'