↬ᴀᴄᴛ. 001, ᴀ ᴘᴀɪɴᴛᴇʀ'ꜱ "ꜱᴜɪᴄɪᴅᴇ"

ᴀᴄᴛ. 001, ᴀ ᴘᴀɪɴᴛᴇʀ'ꜱ "ꜱᴜɪᴄɪᴅᴇ"

Tchaikovsky: Swan Lake, Op. 20, Act. II: No. 10 Scene. Moderato.

╭-°-✞-˚✧❨✧˚-✞-°-╮

"You called for me, my lady?"

Your ever daring, burgundy haired subordinate closed the doors of your office behind her. Elegantly walking to your desk, she fixed her coat resting on her shoulders. "Yes, Kafka."

Sipping on a glass of champagne you held, you acknowledged her presence with a welcoming expression. It was past 10' in the night, still oblivious to her as to why you requested for her attendance late at this time.

Regardless of your reasoning, your 'right hand' was always willing. It was you after all who let her lead a more levelheaded living.

"How have the high ranks been faring?"

Your tone turned to a more serious route, your voice grew deeper than it usually was. Going head on against an entire society of 'well moraled heroes', it's not entirely that you couldn't handle them, it just seemed like a nuisance to do alone. You might as well have some fun in this perilous high stakes gamble.

"Elio's script suggests that they won't be as passive as they were. They'll make a move anytime soon now."

You smirk as you take a sip once more from your favored alcohol. The dim setting of your quarters, the moonlight and stars shining over the windows from your slightly opened, translucent silk curtains. Kafka relished the view. The intimidating glow from your irises were just as intoxicating for her as your expensive champagne.

You finished a glass as the charming wine haired lady grew more allured, gazing at your features. The fact that she wasn't even trying to hide her staring amused you even more. Planning to take a hold of another bottle, she inched it away from your grasp before you were able to clasp your hands onto it.

"You can save this for another day. Though financials were never a problem for us, it would certainly pain me for you to simply become an even more addicted alcoholic."

You chuckled at her actions, amused at her concern. You sigh and let out a hearty laugh, considering Kafka's personality. "As you wish..~" You lightly pushed the glass away from you, though it took quite a lot of your mentality to do so.

"They''ll make move hm.. "

You close your eyes for a brief moment, clasping your hands beneath your chin. A few moments flashed in your mind, yet those few moments can either be the cause of your downfall, or the enemy's.

"..So this is how they'll play the game.."

Your eyes slowly opened, with a dominant glare you gazed on the reflective, empty champagne glass, being filled with cracks the more you looked into it, eventually shattering to pieces.

"..We'll play by their rules. Let them initiate the first move."

.