Hazbin May Cry Mission 5

Mission 5: An Interview In Hell

"So, wait a minute, you're a half-demon to a really powerful demon? And the King of Hell hired you to kill as many demons as you can?" Cherri Bomb asked as she was sitting in a booth as Dante was having a strawberry sundae.

"Yep." He said while chewing on a spoonful of his frozen treat. "Also, I'm helping the princess with her redemption idea."

"You believe in that bullshit? Redemption. Don't make me laugh." Cherri scoffs. "Once you die you are doomed to walk Hell for all eternity unless you're killed by a really powerful demon or an Executioner." She took a sip of the soda she ordered.

"Yeah, to an extent." He said as the Cyclops did a spit take.

"Wait seriously?! You believe in the bull crap?" The Cyclops asked as if the Demon Hunter was kidding. "What have you been smoking?"

"I don't smoke, it's a nasty habit, makes your clothes smell like crap and just kills you faster," Dante said as he was finishing his strawberry sundae.

"Whatever, I appreciate you helping me, but I got some territory to keep under my control." Cherri finished her drink as she crushed the can, paid for her soda, and is about to walk out flipping the bird with two hands.

"Then, what's the deal with Freakshow?" Dante asked as the Cyclops demon turned back around and faced the silver-haired hunter. "As you said, you think it's bullshit, but you mention that you two are close, so wouldn't that mean you would be against him being there?"

Cherri sat back down with him. "What are you getting at?"

"All I'm asking is why is he at the hotel if you think it's bullshit as you call it and not in your place or close to it?" Dante laid back, arms behind his head. "My guess is he either pissed off the landlord or he's hiding from someone."

Cherri grimaces as Dante says that, knowing exactly that Dante's guess was right and that Angel was trying to escape somebody vile, even for sinners and demons. "I thought you were a hunter, not some detective."

"Sometimes detective work involves demon-slaying. Helps to know what you're up against. And judging by how you reacted, if I am correct, it's the latter." Dante said looking her dead in the eye.

"No use in avoiding it. But you are right, he is hiding from someone." Cherri confessed. "As for who he is hiding from, you will have to ask him."

"Do you know who?" Dante asked to which the Cyclops demon nodded. "Then this could all be avoided if you tell me who babe."

"Like I said, you have to ask Angie," Cherri told him. "I swore not to tell anyone who it is."

"Alright then, then mind giving me a lead?" He asked.

"Might as well." She sighed. "He's one of the Overlords. Messing with him is unwelcome news because he's allied with two other Overlords. Then again, I don't think they like him that much anyway."

"A three against one match, I like those odds," Dante smirked while Cherri gawked with a wide eye.

"Whoa, you are not thinking of taking him down, are you?" Cherri asked.

"Love to but don't have that information as of now. But as you said, I need to ask him, so you can tag along if you want and see where your friend lives now." Dante stands up, pays with whatever money he does have, ready to leave to go back to the hotel.

Cherri did not know what else to say, it would be nice to see Angel, but she had to sneak around the hotel to avoid meeting the moth demon and Lucifer's daughter since they say she's a bad influence. But can she go up to the front door? She shook her head and took the risk; besides, Sir Pentious will not be back for quite some time. "Alright, just because Edgelord won't be back for quite some time." She stood up beside him as they both proceeded to leave.