----------

Once the final bell rang announcing school was over, everyone practically ran out of the class. I grabbed my things from under my desk and walked out slowly, taking in my surroundings and searching for the library. Once I found it, I walked inside to wait for Kuragari, but he was already there. I nervously walked over to the empty table he was seated at, reading his book. 

"Watcha reading?" I asked as I sat across from him. He looked up at me and then back down at the book.

"I don't know, I just found it sitting here," he said. He closed the book and moved it away from him.

"So today was your first day, right? How was it?" he asked.

"It was alright" I replied, "so what do you wanna do?"

"I don't know, I wanna get to know you, you seem nice," he said. I blushed a little bit.

"Aww thank you," I said with a smile.

"So, tell me about yourself," he said.

"Is this an interview?" I joked.

"Maybe it is," he smiled and shrugged. 

"Okay, my name is Keiko, I just transferred here, and my hobbies are drawing and writing," I said.

"Ooo, what do you write about?" he asked.

"Sometimes I write in my diary and sometimes I write just random stories I think of," I explained.

"That's so cool!" he said. Not many people are interested in my writing so I was flattered. 

"What's the most recent story you've written?" he asked.

"It's about a girl who can talk to ghosts because she has a special power," I said, "nothing too interesting."

"That sounds interesting," he said.

"Eh, not really" I giggled a little. It was quiet for a second.

"Wanna go get some ice cream?" Kuragari asked, breaking the silence. I looked at my phone. It was 4:30.

"It's getting kinda late, I should head home, we can tomorrow though," I said.

"Oh, let me walk you home," he said.

"No, you don't have to go out of your way," I said, grabbing my stuff and standing up.

"Aww, come on" he begged.

"Alright fine," I said back. He eagerly got up from his seat, walking next to me out of the empty school. 

"It's a nice day, isn't it?" Kuragari asked, breaking the silence that was created. 

"Yea, it is," I said, looking up at the clear sky. 

"Oh, here, I have something for you," he said. I watched him reach into his pocket and pull out a small piece of paper and handed it to me. I stared into his eyes as I gently took it from his hand and opened it.

"Is this your phone number?" I looked back up at him and blushed.

"Heh, yea" he was blushing and smiling a little.

"Lemme put it in my phone so I don't forget," I said. I reached into my bag, pulled out my phone, and added his number to my contacts. I texted, "Hey" and heard his phone ding, so I knew he had my phone number as well. As we got to my house, I put the paper and my phone back into my bag and stood in the driveway.

"Welp, this is my house," I said.

"It looks nice," he said.

"Thanks," I said with a smile.

"Thanks for meeting up with me, it was nice to get to know you," he said. I blushed a little.

"I'll see you tomorrow," he said sweetly.

"Yeah, of course," I said back. We stared into each other's eyes for a moment. His body started getting closer to mine. I secretly hoped he would kiss me, but I knew it was just a hug. I moved closer to him as well, both of us reaching our arms out. It all happened so fast. First, he's going to hug me, and the next thing I know, he fell... right through me. My eyes widened from shock and confusion. Suddenly, everything started making sense. No one at school ever looked at me. Literally no one.

"K-Keiko.." Kuragari looked at me in shock.

"I-" I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. My eyes filled with tears as I examined my hands. They looked normal. I'm a ghost? Why can Kuragari see me? I had so many questions, but no answers. 

"I-I'm sorry," was all I could say as tears streamed down my face. I turned around and started running to my house. I couldn't keep standing there, but what would hiding do? 

"Keiko! Wait!" Kuragari called after me. He tried to grab my hand to stop me, but he went right through me. I slammed the door once I got inside. I ran to my room, throwing my stuff on the floor and crying into my pillow. That's all I could do. I heard my phone going off from in my bag, but I couldn't work up the courage to get it. I was weak. I felt bad ignoring the only person who can see me, but I just couldn't talk to him. I had too much I needed to process.