Union Imperial Army

Hey there, this is something that I would like to cover since this will be vitally important to the rankings and the different Divisions within the Union Army. Union Academy acts like the training grounds for Cadets that want to join the Army, while being selected to go into different Divisions at the start as Privates. When they're at the rank of Private, they will have to work their way up to reach Sergeant and Captain to be leaders of their own teams. 

The rankings work like this (from bottom to top):

- General

- Commander

- Captain

- Sergeant

- Corporal

- Private

However even though the Army is split into Divisions, the differences still apply as they are mostly trained for different situations. 

The Hunters Division focuses on the threats of the Grimm that pour out onto the continent that Union controls as they try to control the situation. The current Head of this Division is technically General Ironwood as he took charge for Headmaster Ozpin to ensure that Ozpin could focus on teaching people to be ready for the harsher world. The current best Hunters that exist within the Union Army at the current moment is the Ace Operatives who have managed to cover all fields, including helping other Divisions take down threats that aren't Grimm. 

The Quirks Division focuses on the threats of Villain activities, including Villain organizations, terrorists and alike. The Heroes within the Quirks Division are ranked based on their performance and how they handle things, leading to the Numbers system that they have in place. The current Head of the Quirks Division is the current Number One Hero Endeavour. Even though they focus on the threats of Villains, they are able to help out in situations that are to deal with Grimm, but also deal with enemies that are of the Supernatural that are somehow linked to the Factions.

The Faction Division focuses on the threats that are of Supernatural origin, mostly enemies that are too much for any ordinary individual to handle. The Faction Division mostly consists of Angels, Fallen Angels and Devils working together, even though they have differences about each other, they are separated into different teams based on their heritage. The Devils have their Households which they are seen as higher rankings almost immediately while the Fallen and the Angels have to build their way up, even though this system has its flaws, it has seemed to work for the longest time. The current Head of the Faction Division is Sirzechs Lucifer as he tends to communicate with others the most to get things across.

Though when someone is born or gifted with a power that doesn't have any natural origin like Quirks or Semblances, or born with an unnatural form of Magic, they become what is known as Specialists. Specialists fall under certain fields that they can cover and they don't need to be part of any Division. They focus on helping other Divisions with certain issues that can greatly benefit that Division. Though Specialists are not properly seen as proper Military Operatives, they are mostly seen at the rankings of Sergeants and Captains. One of the main forms that are considered Specialists are the ones who wield Imperial Arms, though one can be a rare occurrence like Karen Kazama herself as her power is directly unknown of origin.

Though if you don't have any form of power at all, you can't join any Division as you are put as a Soldier to fight on the front lines for the Army being lead by the Captains and Commanders. They can go up the ranks, but they mostly stop at Corporal or Sergeant. Though it is simple to differentiate the Atlas Personnel from each other.