PROLOGUE

(A/N :: good evening, welcome back to my story hope you like this one! enjoy reading xoxo(^o^))

VIOLET SALVAHERA

"Why didn't you tell me?" her weak question trembling in me, I turned away from her, afraid for her to see me weak. "V-violet..." I squeezed my eyes shut to hold back the welling tears in my eyes, I didn't want to look at her, I'm afraid.

"M-mau please not now." I need to be strong, for us.

I'm not weak, I am a brave woman, fearless and unyielding, unafraid of losing and indifferent to everything. I have to be elusive to protect myself from fake people, from what I have now, that because of my perseverance.

Everything is fine, I am a completely wealthy and successful businesswoman who only wants to live peacefully, not until this girl came. Maureen Arzhel Guzon Servione.

She has a strong sense of self, embracing her individuality and uniqueness. Her inner beauty shines through her actions, as she consistently displays kindness, empathy, and generosity. Her eyes are captivating, sparkling with intelligence and warmth. Her kindness and compassion shine through in every interaction, making others feel valued and appreciated. She's almost perfect and a face of aphrodite.

"You lied! You told me that you're not involved with that guy, but what is this?! Bakit may kasal na magaganap?!" Anger, pain, and regret were visible on her face. I held my face because of the emotions ready to burst within me.

"B-baby, please listen to me, I-I had to do it." I needed to play along with their game. If I didn't agree to marry him, she might be in danger.

I can't bear to lose her; she's my weakness.

"N-no, ma'am, you made a fool out of me! You made me believe in things and promises that weren't true!" I tried to approach her, but she kept moving away. Oh God, this wasn't what I expected to happen.

"Maureen, please, I-" I swallowed hard as tears streamed down her face. I didn't want to see her cry; it broke my heart. "Let me explain everything." I sobbed as she turned her back on me. I tried to hug her from behind, but she shrugged me off. It hurt.

I know it's all my fault. I didn't tell her, and I let her believe whatever she wanted to believe in the past. I was so foolish.

"Maureen, please! Listen to me, damn you!" I sobbed and shouted. We were in my office, and it was soundproof, so it was fine to scream. I wanted to let it all out.

"What!? What more lies are you going to tell me?! I'm tired! Have mercy on me, have...Ma'am naman.. m-maawa ka," she said weakly. I just sighed and hugged her again as she tried to open the door.

"I-I can't leave him. Please understand m-"

"HINDI PWEDENG DALAWA VIOLET!!" She was carried away by her emotions, tears covering her face just like mine. Please stop crying.

"I-I don't love him." I love her, only her, not that guy.

She looked at me with her emotionless face and smiled bitterly.

"Let's stop this, ma'am." No! No! No! "I-I'm tired."

I knelt before her; it was the first time I begged someone, only her. I couldn't bear to lose her.

"N-no, please, baby, I can lose everything, but not you... Oh God, not you." I heard her curse, but I didn't care. I was like a child holding onto her leg, afraid of being left behind.

I love her, and I'm willing to do anything for her. She's the only woman I'll love until my last breath.

She's the only one who make my heart beats like a horse running, my stomach is full of butterflies when she touches my skin, her hugs, kisses, iloveyous are my weaknesses, and I won't let everyone to get her from me, I'm selfish because I love her. Despite the obstacles, they won't be a reason of me to give up.