Chapter 11 | Strange Dream

Chat's POV

"What? WHAAAT? A bug! A mouse! A-a bug mouse! Wait, wait, wait, who are you? No, what are you? You seem like Plagg, but you're a... A ladybug? You seem like one." Chat said quickly, pieces of a puzzle clicking in his mind. "Wait- Are you a kwami?! Does that mean that-" He added, being cut off by Tikki.

"Yes, Marinette is Ladybug." Tikki said calmly.

"Whaaaaaaa-" Chat said.

"I can see why you two were the chosen ones." Muttered Tikki with a soft chuckle.

"Do you know my identity too? Like Plagg knows La- Marinette's." He asked, calming down a bit.

"Mhm, that is correct, Adrien, we kwamis can see through the suit and know the identities of the holders." She said.

"Oh, okay." He said, de-transforming.

"But even if we didn't have this ability, it was pretty obvious. Okay, not as obvious as Marinette, but let's see, blonde, green eyes, same skin tone, same height, always seems to dissapear whenever Chat Noir is there and has never been akumatized." Tikki continued.

"Right." Adrien said, scratching the back of his head with an awkward grin and feeling slightly insulted.

"Sugar cube!" Plagg said, attacking the kwami with a hug. "It's been centuries!" He continued.

Tikki laughed a little. "I missed you too, Stinky Sock." She said, hugging back.

"Anyways, where does your owner keep the camembert over here, there must be somewhere you keep it." Plagg said, returning to his usual hungry persona.

Tikki giggled. "I hate camembert, remember?" She said. "Or did these past centuries made you forget it? My owner gives me cookies and bread. I feel bad for poor Adrien that always has to carry stinky cheese everywhere for you."

"Finally someone that gets me!" Adrien said chuckling. Suddenly, he remembered something and his grin immediately dropped. "Wait, what did you mean my Pri- Mari is in danger? Do you know where she is?" He asked, panic evident in his voice.

Tikki's face went serious again. "A villain, akumatized Nathaniel actually, came, drugged Marinette and then kidnapped her. She threw the earrings so they could be safe, I think she knew you would find them. She trusted you, Adrien, she knows you can find her, and I trust you too, but you can't use the two miraculous at the same time, you can make a wish by accident. You will need an ally." She said.

"You're right, using both miraculous would be risky..." Adrien said, thinking of a person he could trust with one of the two most powerful miraculous in the world. "I think I know who I can trust." He said.

Tikki nodded and Adrien transformed again, grabbing the earrings with Tikki inside them and jumped up to Marinette's balcony, giving one last lingering look to her empty room before jumping from roof to roof, trying to remember which was the way to Alya's house. Eventually, he got there and jumped on her balcony, tapping the window and waving with an awkward grin.

Alya looked surprised but about to burst from the excitement. "CHAT NOIR?! CHAT NOIR IS IN MY BALCONY?!" She said, her voice muffled by the glass. "Wait a second, why is Chat Noir in my balcony?"

She opened the glass door and let him in. "What happened? Is something wrong? What do you have in your hand? Is that a miraculous? Am I going to be Rena Rouge again?" Alya asked, putting all her thoughts into words. She has good eye. Chat thought.

"No," He said, opening his palm to reveal to her the earrings. "you're being Ladybug."

Alya gasped and then started to jump up and down, squealing with excitement. A reasonable reaction, thought Chat, but not for too long, because she suddenly stopped. "Wait, what happened to Ladybug, the real Ladybug?" She asked, worry in her voice started to appear.