Chapter 3:- Curious First Day

After a boring, silent 1 hour bus ride, we arrived at our school, my new school...Everybody Immediately stood up and scattered away like bees. I climbed down and stood in front of my new school. It was a very old building, 2 buildings attached to each other creating a V, painted in red and black , A huge antique clock hanging outside near the entrance and the right building had a huge sign 'St Theresa High School' written on it. The gate also looked old, as it was moving with the wind it made a slight creak sound. I entered through the gates and made my way towards the school reception.

 "Hi, I am a new student here, I was wondering can anyone guide me for my classes and schedules?" I asked. The receptionist looked old, like in mid 50s, she glanced at me through her specs and said "Go inside the office on the left you will find our supervisor, go ask her your questions there." and started typing furiously on her keyboard. I nodded and walked towards the office and knocked.

"Come In" a voice said from the office. I entered the office and saw a lady in her mid 30s with an elegant suit and skirt up to her knees. "Oh, you must be the new student, I am Miss Sharon, this school's Supervisor." She greeted me. "Oh, hi Miss Sharon I am Madrina." I introduced myself. "Ok, Madrina, so here are your classes and subject's list and your allotted class will be 10A, 3rd floor to the left." She then leaned on her trouble folding her hands and said. "Remember, be curious and do follow the rules, I don't want any of my beloved students getting in to trouble, I would hate to see them suffer through harsh punishment, given by me." she said and smiled sweetly. I nodded " y..yes miss." I stuttered. She handed me some papers and I quickly made my way outside the office feeling scared and confused. Climbing up the stairs, I realized how much exercising I needed. The stairs were vast and very old, usually schools are very noisy but this school was different, no yelling, no chattering of students, just silence.

  I reached my floor and entered my classroom. There were individual benches for each student inside the classroom. Kevin then waved at me motioning to sit in front of him on the 3rd bench. I smiled and sat on the 3rd bench. "Hey, I am sorry for leaving you like that after the bus ride, I was just so scared and shocked after hearing that name again after so many years...just promise me you won't take that name again. "Kevin said. "Yeah, sorry I didn't knew it was such a sensitive topic." I apologized. "Yeah I have been meaning to ask how do u know about him?" Kevin asked. I was just about to say but got interrupted when the teacher came inside.

    "Good morning buttercup's, welcome to another or new year of our school. I know some already know all about me, but some might not, seeing that we have a new student here. Let me welcome Madrina James to our school." Teacher said and started applauding. Everyone applauded with her. I smiled and thanked everyone. "So I am Miss Joanna, your this year's class teacher. You can also call me Miss Jo and if anyone wants to get more information on our school and faculty members there's always introductory books in our library, new students can check it out with help of our school Librarian." First period then went by introduction of students.

  Bell Rang and 2nd period started. " Hey, its 2nd period which means library period, let's go and read some books." Kevin said. I was excited, we all entered the library. When suddenly a thought hit me "Wait if Chemwitch scares the whole school he must have been a faculty member, I think I can get information on him in the school introductory book." I realized. Immediately I approached the librarian. "Hello, I was wondering where I can find the school introductory book?" I asked. The librarian was reading a book when she looked at me and gazed at me as if judging me. She then closed her book and said. "You must be the new student, I am Miss Fedrid school librarian. You can get all kinds of books, each having different charges. The school book is with me, it is free of charge. You can take any book for 5 days and it should be returned after that under any circumstances including this book or extra charges will be applied." I nodded. She then typed something on her laptop and asked for my details and then handed me the book.

 I was about to approach my seat beside Kevin when the bell rang. I was very upset. Kevin gave me an apologetic look and gestured me to go back with him to class. The rest of the day went pretty much as Introductory lectures. While returning home, Kevin and I chit chatted a lot, he told me about his previous years in school and shared a laugh. As I got down the bus and waved Kevin goodbye. I smiled wondering how the first day went well but also how I am about to find out about Chemwitch soon and how a step closer I am to reveal the mystery of Chemwitch. Boy if only I had stopped myself that day.