2- Revelations

"You didn't tell me..."

Ominis stayed silent, pouring his whiskey into a glass. Sebastian stood in the darkness, still and quiet, but Ominis already knew he was there before he spoke.

"You...You didn't tell me about her."

"Would it have mattered, Sebastian?"

Sebastian lunged forward and grabbed Ominis by the collar, causing the glass to crash into the floor.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME I HAD A DAUGHTER?!"

Ominis pushed Sebastian away, now visibly angry.

"YOU ABANDONED HER, SEBASTIAN."

The air in the room thickened, Sebastian was silent as Ominis continued.

"YOU abandoned her, in the middle of the night like a coward! She BEGGED you to stay, I did too, but you left in your idiotic ambitions for 'doing better' for yourself and the world. Trying to rid of the bad as if you were not part of it."

Ominis reached around for another glass to fill, Sebastian walked forward and spoke again. His breath heavy.

"You could have told me when I came back to you those years ago."

Ominis scoffed loudly.

"What did I owe you, my dear friend? If you were such a coward to abandon her then you should only know about your only daughter if you had the courage to come back to her. Instead you left her alone with me. "

Sebastian flinched, his mind going in every direction.

"Do you...Do you love her?"

Ominis did not answer.

"DO YOU LOVE HER, OMINIS?! ANSWER ME!"

"IT DOES NOT MATTER WHETHER I LOVED HER NOW OR THEN!"

Ominis shut his eyes as he ran his fingers through his hair

"I care for her deeply, Sebastian, both her and Anne....But It does not matter, because she loves YOU. Ardently. Fully. She loves you. That's the thing you don't realize Sebastian. Blinded by your own ambition and dark magic, you left the only person who loves you more than life. She would move the moons and stars for you. She would destroy planets and burn the universe for you...and you left her."

"You are supposed to be my friend!"

"I am your ONLY friend. I am your FAMILY. SHE is your family. ANNE your DAUGHTER is your family. You have everything you need in Feldcroft, yet you're here, arguing with me about a woman who just wants you to come home."

Sebastian squeezed his fists, but he couldn't stop the tears from falling. He was angry...not at Ominis, but himself.

Ominis was right...he abandoned her. He left the most important thing in his life. Was it worth it? Was he better? Did he deserve her?

Ominis slowly reached out to Sebastian, the tips of his fingers touching his chest. Then his palm. Then Ominis came in and hugged his friend. He held him as he cried into his shoulder. 

Sebastian felt himself collapse. Together they sat on the floor and cried. Sebastian sobbed for his sins. He sobbed for the pain he caused. He sobbed for the years he missed. He sobbed in agony. He sobbed until he couldn't anymore.

A storm formed outside, thunder cracked as Sebastian felt his entire being break. The rain poured onto the windows, as if the universe cried with him, as if the world knew of his wrongdoings and scolded him for it.

"I'm sorry..." He whispered into Ominis' shoulder.

Ominis stayed silent.

"I...I must see her."

"Yes. You do that."

Sebastian stood and placed the hood over his head as Ominis took a sip from his glass. As Sebastian stood in the doorway, Ominis spoke.

"Sebastian...You are still my dearest friend. My oldest friend. It would be nice to have you back."

Sebastian turned to look at him, he was faced away, sipping on his glass. 

"I suppose 3 heads are better than one, eh Ominis?"

Ominis smiled as Sebastian walked out into the rain, the drops of water no longer angry, but forgiving.