Meeting the Teams

(Y/n)'s POV

I was still pretty weirded out by what the rocker dude said to me. I mean, "hot stuff," really?! That's the best he could think of?! I don't plan on interacting with that dude at all anymore. So much for hoping I had someone similar to talk to.

"Alrighty campers! Gather around! It's time to take a group photo!" I heard Chris yell. I walked over to the end of the dock and got into place after most people already had. I then saw rocker dude plant himself next to me. Of course he would wait until I found my place and then squeeze in.

"What do you want now?" I asked him with a groan. If he was going to insist on pulling stuff like this, I might as well change my plan and get some well deserved answers.

"Thought you weren't talking to me, sweetheart. Why would I talk to you?" He replied with a cocky grin. Great, so this is how it's going to be. I decided to ignore him and not give him the attention he clearly wanted. Once Chris finally figured out how to use the camera, we all posed for the picture. He was just about to take it when the old dock finally gave in and we all fell into the water below. I quickly swam to the surface and saw rocker boy emerge right after me. I simply rolled my eyes and swam away. If he was going to be a brat toward me, I wasn't going to bother checking if he was okay.

***

After we all had dried off, we headed to the campfire, per Chris' request. I took a seat on the edge next to the party guy just to make sure I wasn't being followed anymore.

"Campers! Welcome to our campfire! And more importantly, welcome to Total Drama Island; the show you're going to be competing on for the next eight weeks!" Chris told us all. He went on to explain how the game would work before mentioning we all were going to sleep in cabins.

"If there's bunk beds, can I have one under them?" rocker boy asked while pointing to me. All I could do was gasp and glare at him. I mean really?! Could he be any grosser?!

"Are they co-ed?" A girl named Heather asked. She definitely thought she was better than the rest of us. I hated that about her, but it was a pretty good question, especially since it may save me from spending more time with the punk dude.

"Nope! Boys on one side, girls on the other!" Chris answered. I felt myself sigh in some relief. Whoever was on my team would determine what cabin I was in, and if I ended up with rocker dude, female it was. "Okay! Now that we're through with questions, let's sort you into teams!" He announced team Screaming Gophers, which I was not apart of, before telling the rest of us we were on team Killer Bass. We consisted of me, Bridgette, Geoff (party guy), Courtney, DJ, Eva, Ezekiel, Harold, Izzy, Sadie, Tyler, and rocker dude, who I learned was named Duncan. Not the name I expected, yet once I learned it, nothing else seemed to fit as well. Chris told us about confessionals and how to give them, and I wasted no time to give my first one.

"I mean, you're seeing this, right?! We've known each other for 20 minutes and he's already managed to call me a strange nickname twice and make me feel uncomfortable! Of course he's on my team too! Gah! Could this day get any worse?!" I finished speaking and left the communal bathroom. Since I was with Duncan and the girls on my team just seemed more accepting in general, I brought my things to the female side. They all were okay with it when I asked, so I wasted no time claiming a bed and got settled.

"Yo, Chris, is there any supervision?!" I heard Geoff ask through the shared wall.

"You're all 16, so besides me, no," Chris answered. Great. No one to make sure Duncan doesn't try to kill me. Not that I think he would, but you never know. He seemed to switch his attitude up real fast.

Everything was going fine until I saw something small, brown, and disgusting sprint across the floor. "AHHHHH! WHAT IS THAT THING?!" I screamed and raced to the nearest top bunk I could find. People came running in to make sure I was okay before someone said it was only a roach. One thing about me is I don't do roaches. I can handle bugs, but I draw the line there. Before anyone could move from the doorway, Duncan appeared with an axe. Everyone moved away and he came to the middle of the room. He raised the axe high above his head and completely demolished the abomination. Without thinking, I immediately rushed down to thank him profusely. "Thank you so much! What can I do to make it up to you?!" I was immediately brought back to my senses after saying that. Of course my stupid brain made it so I now owe him something. Why couldn't I just keep my mouth shut?

"Don't worry about it, cupcake. You can make it up to me later," he said with a wink. I couldn't help but roll me eyes.

"Whatever," I stated as I walked out of the cabin. I needed some fresh air, preferably some far away from him. I couldn't even be nice toward him without him being all suggestive. This was going to be a long summer, and I needed to find a way to strap in.