Chapter 8

2 weeks later
France

These past two weeks it's been back to back going to events, meeting people, doing things off of the list that Graysons grandfather had made.

We're getting around just fine, we've become a good team, we try not to piss each other off and mostly spend time together only when there's events and outside of that we don't bother each other.

Cole and Malika has been following us everywhere and at least they're making this easier for us. Keeping the air lighter with their presence.

But right now it's just me and Grayson, at an art gallery. One if his grandfathers requests, from what I've heard this was his passion, he liked art. And today we need to pick out a piece to bring back to NewYork.

"I like this one" I say staring at a painting of an landscape.

"You think?" Grayson asks quietly. The gallery is so quite that I think everyone can even hear us whispering.

"This one doesn't confuse my mind like the others, and it looks like an actual painting not just colour splotches on canvas" I don't really understand art, yeah it's beautiful and hard work but some of these works are confusing. And they're selling for the price of a house.

"I guess" he says and turns to find someone who could tell us about this painting.

A worker comes and tells us about the colours used in the painting and why it's so important and expensive and tell about the landscape pictured and what the artist felt making this piece and it's a lot of words but we end up taking the piece and as we walk back to get the painting all packed up for us a different piece catches my eye and I go to investigate while Grayson walks away with the worker.

It's a painting of a small cottage house that has lavender growing in fields stretching in the back. And there's a picture of two cats cuddled up by the doorstep, one is black and the other one is ginger and they're sleeping peacefully.

"How much is this?" I hear Grayson ask from behind I didn't even notice him coming back. I break my eyes away from the painting and walk back to him and the worker.

"120 000" the worker is saying. And I look at the painting I just looked at.

"We'll take it too" Grayson is saying and I look at him as the worker nods and goes to pack up the painting.

"Didn't we have to get just one?" I'm asking.

"You like this one" he says.

"Yeah, but we don't have to get it" I say as he pulls out his card and gives it to the worker.

"You're gonna be living with me for a year might as well get you something that you're gonna like there" he says and some of his men get the paintings and carry them safely to the car that's gonna take them to the airport and back to New York.

"I could've bought it myself if I wanted to" I say quietly, I don't like someone spending so much money on me. I don't mind spending money on other people, but when they spend it on me I feel uncomfortable and I feel like I have to give something back. That's how it's always been with Levi, I don't mind giving him money but whenever I landed from him I had to give back and I don't like the feeling of owing someone something.

"I know you could" he says and leads me out of the gallery.

"I'll give you back the money for it" I say and he stops.

"Can you just accept it without a fight?" He's looking at me once again. I want to know what's hiding behind that cold gaze.

"I don't like to owe to people" I say.