Cinderella

I was just about to take someone's order, when someone grabs my arm and pulls me aside.

Just as I was about to scream, Camille instantly shushes me.

Camille was one of my only friends, ever.

I trusted her with my life, and she trusted me with hers.

I would say we're best friends, but that would be a lie because I know for a fact she has way more friends that are much more important than me.

I never had that, but I'm thankful to have her as a friend nonetheless.

"You won't believe who is sitting at table 2" she says in a hushed voice

"Who are they?" I whispered back, my voice barely audible above the café's loud chatter and annoying bickering.

Just as I am about to look, she grips onto my jaw and spins my head round "Brace yourself first" she says seriously

"I'm officially braced" I say and she lets go

As I glanced in their direction, my breath caught in my throat.

The two guys sat there, seemingly unaware of the attention they are getting right now. With chiseled features, perfectly tousled hair, and eyes that could rival the stars,

they were indeed a sight to behold.

It was as if they had walked straight out of a dream, embodying a level of beauty that felt otherworldly.

It wasn't possible and simply unfair someone could look like that.

"They're from Brentwood School," she says unable to contain her excitement,

But her words hanging in the air, leaving me momentarily stunned.

After a dramatic pause, the realisation sends my jaw plummeting to the ground.

"B-Brentwood?" I stammer on my words "You're joking"

"Nuh uh, I've seen them before. The logo is a big giveaway." she points out

Oh yeah.

Crap.

"Did I forget to mention, that I kinda, sorta, got invited to that school?" The words came tumbling out before I could stop them

Camille's jaw dropped, mirroring my own earlier reaction.

Her eyes widened, and she clutched my arm as if to ensure she wasn't dreaming. "You? Brentwood School? Are you serious?" she exclaimed, her voice a mix of disbelief and astonishment.

I nodded, a grin tugging at the corners of my lips. "Yes, Camille, it's true. The universe has decided to throw me into the lion's den of beauty and...well I don't know yet"

"You should go introduce yourself" she beams

"Absolutely not I-"

She grabbed my arm and propelled me towards Table 2 with an unexpected burst of force. I stumbled forward, my heart racing as Camille's laughter echoed in my ears.

I'm going to commit a murder tonight.

As I approached the table, my eyes locked with the three guys, my breath hitched in my throat as I took in their striking features once again, but it was the guy with mesmerizing grey eyes who captivated me instantly.

They were probably the most beautiful pair of eyes I had ever seen.

His gaze held a depth that seemed to unravel the mysteries of the universe, and I could feel my cheeks warm at the sight of him.