4. Will Time Tell?

Eve spent a while explaining everything that had happened the previous, minus a lot of the stuff with her parents. The only thing she'd mentioned of her parents was that she hadn't seen them in a while, and she didn't say anything about the letter.

"I see..." Rose mumbled as she looked at the ground.

Rose and Charlotte hadn't said much while eve was explaining everything.

"But I don't understand why Zoe would blame you for starting the rumors when you didn't even know about her dad's situation," Charlotte questioned.

"Who knows," Eve spoke softly. "Whatever the reason, she refused to believe that I didn't do it."

The room fell silent as the three of them just sat there, thinking. Tension rose in the room, and Rose didn't like how far south the conversation was going. 

"Hey, I have an idea!" She stood looked at Eve and Charlotte excitedly. "Tonight, everyone's going to that new cafe that just opened for a small get-together. Why don't you come with us? It'd be a lot of fun and a good way to get your mind off of Zoe!"

"You know what? That's not a bad Idea, Rose," Charlotte agreed, standing up with her. The two of them looked at Eve questioningly. "What do you say?"

Eve sighed before standing up with the two of them. 

"Alright," she caved. "But... I don't know what to wear."

"Oh, we can fix that..." Rose chuckled. Eve exchanged looks with Charlotte, whose expression literally defined 'whatever'.

The three of them walked upstairs and had Eve try on several different outfits. They decided that dresses were a no, much to Rose's disappointment. Thick sweaters were a no, as Eve said they would be too hot, as well as no hoodies for the same reason.

After half a hour of trying on clothes, they eventually decided to go for a simple but cute outfit. It was an over-the-shoulder white crop top with ruffled layers at the top and ripped jean shorts that cut off about mid-thigh. For shoes, they decided on a black pair of low-cut boots with light gold accenting.

After deciding on an outfit, the group moved onto fixing Eve's hair. Charlotte went and found Eve's hair curler, plugging it in and letting it heat up, while Rose was gently brushing through Eve's locks.

Eve stayed still as the two girls delicately curled her hair with he curling iron. Her curls bounced gently as they were released from the heat of the iron before Rose and Charlotte used a wide comb to brush through it, separating the curls while not losing the waves.

Despite Eve's protests, Rose and Charlotte insisted on helping with her make-up. Though it wasn't hot, it wasn't very cold either, so the pair decided they would do light make-up. They smeared a thin layer of foundation on her skin, gently patting it out with a make-up sponge before adding a small amount of concealer, particularly under her eyes. They carefully added some light eye shadow over her eyes to give them some more color, they said. 

With a little bit on convincing, Rose and Charlotte, mostly Rose, managed to get Eve to agree to some very thin liner. For the finishing touches, the girls added some blush and powder, blending it in softly. Rose seemed ecstatic to be able to help, and Charlotte seemed happy to see Rose happy and Eve agreeing to go out with the group.

Eve would never admit it out loud, but she was really happy that she'd agreed to go, and that she was going with friends who were really happy to be around her. She was happy to be around them as well, she enjoyed their company and the fact that they went out of their way to help her.