Chapter 13

Katsuki's living room presented a chaotic scene of papers and files scattered across every available surface. A mix of ink and a whiff of coffee filled the air. It was the opposite to his usual order, which only grated on his nerves.

Among his team of FBI and law enforcement professionals, Izuku's crew stood out like misfits.

Kaina's tall and commanding presence seemed out of place amidst the mess, her stature contrasting with the disarray. Dabi, with his unkempt hair and a smug expression, emitted an aura of villainous vibes that rubbed Katsuki the wrong way. The faint scent of smoke clung to him, further intensifying Katsuki's wariness.

As Katsuki's gaze fell upon Todoroki, irritation simmered within him.

The unspoken rivalry between them always grated on his nerves, even though it was one-sided and Todoroki was not an active participant. Katsuki stood back, arms crossed, avoiding the mess.

Izuku wasted no time extending the invitation letter to Mirai, the deputy chief of police.

Katsuki's apprehension grew as he watched Mirai scrutinize it with narrowed eyes. A sense of unease settled over him, a gut feeling he couldn't ignore. The weight of the invitation hung in the charged atmosphere, silently threatening.

Dabi and Kaina stood quietly, observing and waiting for Izuku's permission to speak.

The room held its breath, waiting for Mirai's next move, while Katsuki's doubts and suspicions lingered.

The charged atmosphere intensified, leaving everyone on edge.

"What does this mean, Midoriya?"

Mirai's steady voice reflected Katsuki's own unease, laced with curiosity.

The invitation dangled before them, fragile like a spider's thread, but just as dangerous. Anticipation and unease twisted Katsuki's gut into a knot.

As a habit, Katsuki ran his fingers through his hair, the coarse texture against his fingertips, easing the tension in his chaotic thoughts.

Then Izuku spoke up, his voice calm and composed.

"My daughter, Eri, received the same invitation. It seems like a calculated move, intended to exert pressure on me and force my return to the organization."

Silence descended upon the room, heavy as a lead weight, as Izuku's words sank in. The situation was worse than they had imagined. They were using Eri as a pawn, manipulating Izuku into compliance.

Katsuki's grip on the table's edge tightened, his knuckles turning white. He could feel the coolness of the polished wood against his skin, grounding him amid the turmoil. Protecting Eri and ensuring Izuku's safety became their top priority.

Mirai furrowed his brows. "So, they're using Eri as leverage to make you comply?"

Izuku nodded, his gaze unwavering.

Mirai's solemn gaze swept the room, probing the depths of their resolve.

"You understand the risks? No guarantees of safety?"

Dabi's cocky smirk grated on Katsuki, his casual demeanor conflicting with the gravity of the situation.

Katsuki preferred Izuku's unwavering determination. No flinching. No hesitation. The guy had balls.

"We know the risks. Eri and Katsuki's safety is my top priority. We're prepared to face whatever comes." Izuku said.

"Then let's proceed."

Aizawa's tired yet resolute gaze scanned the room. He motioned for the two FBI agents to come forward, and the two did so without protest.

The woman's stance was straight and stiff as she waited, while her partner stood off to the side, his stance casual.