Chapter 7: Patience is a Virtue

"Kaveh! Get in the house!"

"Give me a minute! Come on. Don't be such a bore."

"Mother is going to kill us."

"Mom won't have to know. I'm almost done."

Really? That's what you want?

Stupid voice. Of course that was what he wanted. Tighnari was one of the most beautiful people he had ever seen. Seen. Not met. Not yet.

Emerald green eyes. Beautiful skin. Sly smile. Hair that perfectly matched those lovely emeralds. Archons he was absolutely stunning! Almost as if he was perfectly handcrafted by the archons themself.

How humorous.

Cyno peered over the fence, looking at his two bickering neighbors. Brothers, he has come to learn. Even though they look nothing alike. Maybe Tighnari was adopted, just like him. Or maybe he took after their father. Cyno wondered what he looked like. Their mother was quite pretty though. Was that why Tighnari was?

They rarely left the house. Did they not go to school? Probably homeschooled. This would happen approximately once a week. The dark haired one, Tighnari, his beloved, would yell at his brother for leaving their house. Kaveh, the blonde, would blow it off. But their mother always-

"What are you two doing? The neighbor is watching you both act a fool," said the familiar voice of their mother. What was her name again? Faranak. A pretty blonde haired woman with a pretty name and a whole lot of sass. Kaveh definitely took after her. She had just pulled into her drive way, dressed in nurse attire. Must've just gotten off her shift. "Kaveh, go inside. What are you even doing?"

"Would you believe me if I said picking you flowers?" Kaveh said with a bat of his eyelashes. She gave him a blank stare, hand resting on her hip. "No. Go inside." Kaveh sighed in defeat before trudging over to the door.

Slightly to the left.

He did as told, looking slightly to the left, green eyes catching his own. He couldn't help but feel his face flush as they stared each other down.

"Cyno! Come here and help me and your mother with the groceries!" Cyno looked behind him, seeing his mothers standing at their car, bags in their arms. He looked over at Tighnari one last time before turning back around, "Coming!"

He will do.

"He better," Cyno muttered, "He's my only option. The only one I want."

Stubborn as always, aren't you?

The next week came by and just like always, the two were outside bickering.

"Kaveh, you're gonna hurt yourself. Get down from there!"

"You're gonna hurt yourself," Kaveh mimicked before continuing to try and climb over the fence. "There's something back there. I'm telling you!"

"There's nothing back there. Come inside before mother comes home and you get us in trouble again."

They're not like you.

"I can see that," Cyno muttered. Those two were definitely odd. Not that he minded.

Not like that, young one.

"Stop calling me that. What do you mean?" Cyno said, trying to get a better look at what was going on. Kaveh was definitely going to fall.

You'll see. Have patience.

Patience, my ass.

"Kaveh! God dammit! What the hell are you doing?" Just like always, Faranak had shown up, causing a groan to leave Kaveh's mouth. She stormed up to him, grabbing him by the back of his shirt and pulling him off of the fence. She dragged him inside the house as Tighnari watched.