Chpapter 9: Novelty

With a small yawn, Kaveh craned his neck up and nuzzled into the warmth against his body. He slept so well it was almost a pity to wake up. Surprising after yesterdays events. What got him sleeping so well? His eyes began to slowly open, squinting from the light coming from the window. Too bright. He turned his face, pressing his cheek to a warm... firm surface. Skin. He looked up, his eyes adjusting and finally making out the familiar figure in his bed. Oh, that's why he slept so well. The dull ache in his back brought everything to light. Again? One second, they were working on their project and opening up to each other, the next, Kaveh was pressed against the bed, whimpering and whine pathetically. Gods, he was a whore. But at least this time... Alhaitham stayed.

Kaveh's squirming must've woken up Alhaitham who peered down at him, raising an eyebrow, "Are you... staring for a reason?"

A small blush came to Kaveh's cheeks and he shook his head, hiding his face back into Alhaitham's chest. This was the second time they had sex... they needed to talk about it. Kaveh gruffly cleared his throat, working up the courage to finally say, "I... look, I just want to say that this is just sex. Nothing romantic or anything. So don't catch any feelings."

Kaveh could hear the smirk in Alhaitham's voice, "Are you saying that for me? Or for yourself?" Archons he was so irritating! The human took note of Kaveh's silence and rubbed his back, "I'm joking. Relax. There are no emotions attached at all. I'm not looking for a relationship anyways. And just because I find you attractive doesn't mean I'd date you."

Kaveh sat up, putting his hands on his hips and glaring down at the ashen, "The hell is that supposed to mean."

"Sit back down first," Alhaitham grumbled, wrapping his arms around Kaveh and pulling him against his chest, "I don't want you pouncing on me like you're gonna kill me. You're just not someone I would date. Not my type. You're overemotional, oversensitive, constantly unfocused- it's hard to have a linear conversation with you- have completely different interests than me... and you're kind of racist."

"Racist?!" Kaveh said, absolutely flabbergasted while trying to escape Alhaitham's grip, "I'm not racist! How am I racist?"

"Kaveh, you called that guy a halfbreed. And you're constantly talking down on humans... and pretty much everyone who isn't Tighnari or a vampire," Alhaitham explained with a cocked eyebrow.

Kaveh grumbled while hitting Alhaitham's chest with a closed fist, "I had too much to drink. I apologized for that and said it was wrong."

"Doesn't explain everything else," Alhaitham ran a hand gently down Kaveh's back, almost as if... to soothe him? He was being affectionate? "Don't worry. I know you're not actually racist. I was mostly messing with you. But you should start watching how you treat people. Because that's how it can come off."

Kaveh, for once, didn't feel like fighting back. He was tired, so he just huffed and nodded, finally relaxing back into Alhaitham's grip. "You're not my type either." The conversation ended there, both of them just laying comfortably in each other's arms- completely platonic. No romance here. No emotions. Just a trade of affection between two touch starved individuals. Thank the archons today was his free day from classes.

As soon as Kaveh felt himself drifting back off to sleep, he heard the front door open. Was Tighnari back? Kaveh jumped up, looking back before scrambling to his feet.

Stepping over the scattered clothes of the night before, Kaveh made it to his wardrobe, hearing Tighnari say, "Kaveh? You here? I'm gonna come into your room."

Kaveh was pulling up his boxers when the doorknob started turning, "W-wait!" He turned his head, looking over at the open door and Tighnari's flushed face.